This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint sensor activates in pocket

Michi_Ba
Star I
Whenever I'm walking the fingerprint sensor gets triggered which is annoying because it drains battery and requires me to input the pin number due to too many failed attempts. So far I have it only activated when at home and not walking. Which is a bit unfortunate. Maybe you can implement an option that the fingerprint sensor only actives after pressing the power button.
9 REPLIES 9

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Michi Ba

Whenever I'm walking the fingerprint sensor gets triggered which is annoying because it drains battery and requires me to input the pin number due to too many failed attempts. So far I have it only activated when at home and not walking. Which is a bit unfortunate. Maybe you can implement an option that the fingerprint sensor only actives after pressing the power button.

Fingerprint sensor activates in pocket
Hi
1- You can try to enable the ASUS Pocket mode, for pocket detection. We are also making improvements to that function.

2- the feature you are requesting actually already exist! You can go to Settings -> Security & lock screen -> Fingerprint
Then find the "Unlock device" (first row), click the text (not the toggle, keep it on) .
That allows you to customize its behavior - for example you can turn off the "Screen off unlock" meaning Fingerprint reader wont read unless the screen is turned on.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'd also like to add that we're already looking into the possibility of blocking the fingerprint feature with our pocket mode

cicagorio
Rising Star II
So this is happening to me also after the last update and with the pocket mode turned on. Not sure about the possibility but double tap to wake and fingerprint should be disabled when phone is in the pocket.

bjornbrandy
Star II
Same issue here from the beginning. The phone has already made 2 emergency calls. Luckily this are free, but embarrassing, but when it will dial some number that is not free, then whos should I send the bill?
@Elmir I could make several similar screenshots 😄