This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 3 (Tencent edition) USB -C port charging but not recognized on my laptop.(Lenovo)

ah15935711
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3 trncent edition( ZS661KS)
Firmware Version:WW-17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: yes ( was trying to root)
Frequency of Occurrence: Got
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no app used.(magisk or anything else)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My rog phone 3 (tencent), which i brought about 6 months ago. I never had any issues like this.
The other day i opened my camera and suddenly the front camera was not working. I restarted the phone, did factory reset, cleared camera data, but nothing solved the issue. I thought i have to upgrade the firmware. So i downloaded the new firmware (2012.143) and connected the usb c cable with my laptop ( lenovo ideapad 320) , but it did not recognize. i tried both ports. I never had this problem before. I unlocked the bootloader, i thought it might help. I also turned on the developer option and selected FTP protocol and USB debugging. But it still didn't connect. while i was trying to enter bootloader recovery mode I accidently put the phone on EDL mode and now its bricked 😥. The indicator light is flashing when i connect to the pc but the PC isn't recognizing the port ( i downloaded the qualcomm EDL driver on my laptop also, but the port option is not showing at all). Is it hardware problem, But the phone was charging just fine.
please help, gaming is my life😭🙏
4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ah15935711

1. Model Name: ROG 3 trncent edition( ZS661KS)
  2. Firmware Version:WW-17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: yes ( was trying to root)
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Got<HARDBRICKED>
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no app used.(magisk or anything else)

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

My rog phone 3 (tencent), which i brought about 6 months ago. I never had any issues like this.

The other day i opened my camera and suddenly the front camera was not working. I restarted the phone, did factory reset, cleared camera data, but nothing solved the issue. I thought i have to upgrade the firmware. So i downloaded the new firmware (2012.143) and connected the usb c cable with my laptop ( lenovo ideapad 320) , but it did not recognize. i tried both ports. I never had this problem before. I unlocked the bootloader, i thought it might help. I also turned on the developer option and selected FTP protocol and USB debugging. But it still didn't connect. while i was trying to enter bootloader recovery mode I accidently put the phone on EDL mode and now its bricked 😥. The indicator light is flashing when i connect to the pc but the PC isn't recognizing the port ( i downloaded the qualcomm EDL driver on my laptop also, but the port option is not showing at all). Is it hardware problem, But the phone was charging just fine.

Rog phone 3 (Tencent edition) USB -C port charging but not recognized on my laptop.(Lenovo)
Probably a bad place to ask for help 😉 I would try going to XDA forums for help.
Bear in mind you have unlocked bootloader which automatically voids your warranty.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
ah15935711

1. Model Name: ROG 3 trncent edition( ZS661KS)
  2. Firmware Version:WW-17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: yes ( was trying to root)
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Got<HARDBRICKED>
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no app used.(magisk or anything else)

I have the exact same laptop and unlocked bootloader but i never had any problem while connecting
And for your edl problem , i tried putting my in edl mode with cmd , magisk but it didn't worked so i wonder how did you put your device in edl as without cable it's not possible in rog 3 as it will just normal reboot
I had to make a edl cable as i cant find it in local shops or online as my wasn't bricked , my purpose was different but same process
You have to make edl cable its easy and simple or else i prefer you to go service centre

Find Authorized Service Centre Locations - India | Official Support | ASUS India

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49691/rog-phone-3-tencent-edition-usb-c-port-charging-but-not...

Probably a bad place to ask for help 😉 I would try going to XDA forums for help.

Bear in mind you have unlocked bootloader which automatically voids your warranty.

View post
Just curious , what up with the loopback ip address on you username 😂

ah15935711
Star I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49691/rog-phone-3-tencent-edition-usb-c-port-charging-but-not...

I have the exact same laptop and unlocked bootloader but i never had any problem while connecting

And for your edl problem , i tried putting my in edl mode with cmd , magisk but it didn't worked so i wonder how did you put your device in edl as without cable it's not possible in rog 3 as it will just normal reboot

I had to make a edl cable as i cant find it in local shops or online as my wasn't bricked , my purpose was different but same process

You have to make edl cable its easy and simple or else i prefer you to go service centre

https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

View post
no u can put into edl mode without edl cable. first connect ur type c original cable with ur laptop. shut down ur phone, Hold the VOL UP + VOL DOWN together and connect to usb from side port, the indicator light will blink. if it doesn't then after connecting hold VOL UP + POWER ,,,, or VOL DOWN + POWER,,,... one of them will surely work..
THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION BTW..