This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook-Pro-Duo-15-OLED-UX582 release date?

raines-junk
Star I
Has there been an update on the new Zenbook Duo Pro 15" yet? All I have seen is April 2021. 😫😪 I need a new computer like yesterday but I have been waiting to get the new Zenbook Duo Pro. Are they doing pre-ordering?
67 REPLIES 67

gszkop
Star III
TraderGary

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172617#Comment_172617

My previous model was the UX581 i9. I used it for 2 years. It will be replaced by the current UX582 i9 model. The price difference between i7 and i9 is small and not a factor. The i9 is faster and more capable.

View post
but UX582 i9 is 5-7% faster and heats up more....

TraderGary
Rising Star I
Because I previously owned the UX581 i9 and never had a heat problem, I don't anticipate a heat problem with my new UX582. Consider that the new model has 36% better airflow cooling because of the tilting ScreenPad Plus.
The UX852 i9 was in stock on Amazon.com USA this morning and my order has now been made!

gszkop
Star III
TraderGary

Because I previously owned the UX581 i9 and never had a heat problem, I don't anticipate a heat problem with my new UX582. Consider that the new model has 36% better airflow cooling because of the tilting ScreenPad Plus.

The UX852 i9 was in stock on Amazon.com USA this morning and my order has now been made!

View post
I have an UX581 with an i7 and I know what thermal throttling is. The processor temperature reaches 100 C.

TraderGary
Rising Star I
I've never noticed throttling. But then the most demanding app I run is DaVinci Resolve Studio. I don't play computer games.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
I have to say the aerodynamics from the tilted panel on this design is absolutely not a gimmick. I've never seen anything like it in a laptop - you can crank it really hard and it stays super cool (with fans blowing) and then when you stop you see the temperatures drop so quickly. I'm fascinated to be honest.

So if you say the 581 throttled from overheating I would expect quite a big difference on the 582 just because of the new cooling from the lifted panel