charlongdon
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: Newest
Rooted or not: Unsure
Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): CODM
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I purchased a brand new ROG 5 via your website 2 weeks ago, the phone is framing/lagging when I get into gunfights in CODM - I play competitively and it is really disappointing as I was so excited to use this phone.
I keep dropping frames from 55-60 fps to 15-25 fps at random times in the game, it seems to be when I'm screen recording but also has been when I'm not screen recording too.
I have cleared the cache of the screen recorder and the game center even though it is less than 2 weeks old, so there is enough storage. My settings are not using too much CPU, the phone is slightly overheating but I also have the fan which helps. But it is IMPOSSIBLE to play the game competitively when I drop 30 frames 5-10 times a game. Please help!
16 REPLIES 16

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@charlongdon Yeah, that doesn't look comfortable.
Not to be a hassle but can you do another (and longer) screen recording with the Game Genie real-time info widget turned on? That way we can see system temp and FPS while you are playing.

charlongdon
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@charlongdon Yeah, that doesn't look comfortable.

Not to be a hassle but can you do another (and longer) screen recording with the Game Genie real-time info widget turned on? That way we can see system temp and FPS while you are playing.

View post
No problem, I'll do that in this game as long as I don't die straight away!

charlongdon
Star II
And my ping was about 20ms, it was stable not spiking @ronald1985

charlongdon
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS this was just now, cache's are cleared and updates completed

charlongdon
Star II
This time it literally froze and dropped to 1 frame..