This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display auto brightess doesn't work

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Today I've noticed that something's wrong with auto brightness. After yesterdays update my screen brightness was set on 95% and battery got low very fast. Same after charging from 100% to 85% in 4 hours without using anything, no apps, no calls, no gps etc.
Just when I've bought my phone I've set brightness to auto.
Now when I'm going to Display settings and I'll choose some brightness level for example "20%" and go outside when sun is bright, display won't make itself any brighter. Same when setting to "80%" ang going to dark room. It's still 80%.
Please fix this, it's very annoying right now.
9 REPLIES 9

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lukasz.szabelski

Today I've noticed that something's wrong with auto brightness. After yesterdays update my screen brightness was set on 95% and battery got low very fast. Same after charging from 100% to 85% in 4 hours without using anything, no apps, no calls, no gps etc.

Just when I've bought my phone I've set brightness to auto.

Now when I'm going to Display settings and I'll choose some brightness level for example "20%" and go outside when sun is bright, display won't make itself any brighter. Same when setting to "80%" ang going to dark room. It's still 80%.

Please fix this, it's very annoying right now.

Display auto brightess doesn't work
Do you have auto brightness turned on?
Can you record your ZF8 with one of your other phones to show the problem where it doesnt change brightness if you set it to low (10%?) and then shining the flashlight on it?

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Yes I have. It's the same with auto brightness On and Off - no effect.
Sure, I'll make some video 🙂

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
I can't attach video to this post "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links" So I'll send you a PM with link.
I've set both Asus Zenfone 8 and Lg G7 display brightness to 18% and as you can see "Auto" is enabled on both. When I've shine the flashlight on it, Zenfone display go to ~25% from 18% while LG goes from 18% to ~100%. Without flashlight Zenfone brightness go down a little while LG is back to 18%.

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
I can't send you a PM (don't know why) so I'm pasting link without dots and with some extra whitespaces.
(thanks , downloaded)