cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
lukasz.szabelski

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173108#Comment_173108

It's weird because I can see that sometimes both functions are working and sometimes not without restarting my phone and while being in the same place (working from home right now 😉 )

Why? I have no idea

View post
Is VoLTE working at home or are you just saying that you're working from home 🙂

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173112#Comment_173112

Is VoLTE working at home or are you just saying that you're working from home 🙂

View post
I'm just saying that I'm working from home so my phone is in the same place. I have difficulties with posting last time so I'll repeat:
I'm not touching anything (no restarts, same WiFi and place) and VoLTE/VoWiFi were inactive this morning, than they've activated itself for just a while and then they've vanished again. For now, both are inactive.

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Is it some validation/certification issue or something is wrong with new FW?
Before when I've entered code to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi switches both functions worked well for me for quite long time without any issues.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
I have the same problem (also orange pl). Guess it's an operator problem?

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
daniel91m

I have the same problem (also orange pl). Guess it's an operator problem?

View post
For comparison on Huawei P30 and LG G7 it's working right now. That's why I'm guessing it's some Zenfone-Orange validation issue. Strange as from yesterday it should be officially supported.