This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestion/request for improvement of the camera application

daveantonin
Star III
Can you please implement the following features in the camera application? 
possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting
take a photo by long-pressing the power button from lock screen
Fix saving photos in sequential shooting so that they display correctly in Google photos. Now all photos are displayed individually instead of in sequence, which is very unclear. 
Sequential shooting in RAW/64Mp
HDR video recording with 10b colors

Thank you for implementing at least some features that will improve the experience of this great device. 
14 REPLIES 14

daveantonin
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48810/suggestion-request-for-improvement-of-the-camera-applic...

• possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting

I don't understand. If you meant that it should shoot video when holding down the shutter button, then it's already doing that. And by swiping the shutting button towards the front/back camera button activates burst mode until you release

• take a photo by long-pressing the power button from lock screen

We do not offer this option for press and hold with our smart key feature but you can do what you want with a double press.

• Fix saving photos in sequential shooting so that they display correctly in Google photos. Now all photos are displayed individually instead of in sequence, which is very unclear. 

We're already aware of this and will try to fix it

• Sequential shooting in RAW/64Mp

It's too demanding. I don't believe any phone can burst with RAW/64Mp

• HDR video recording with 10b colors

We won't offer this.

View post
possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting
I know there is now burst mode on swipe and video on shutter hold. But I'd like to have the option to choose if the long press of the shutter starts recording video or if burst mode kicks in. When swiping, the phone may move and photo recording in burst mode is affected. A simple toogle control in the camera settings for long press shutter : video/burst mode
Thank you

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
lukasz.szabelski

Maybe 360 (spherical) Panorama photos?

I have copied some Panorama 360 photos from my oldLg to Zenfone and they look great in built-in Gallery, hope to make more of them by Zenfone 🙂

View post
360 is cool and all but most users only use the wider pano function so we optimized it for this type of capturing. For everyone who loves capturing spheres, I recommend to download 3rd party apps

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
daveantonin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173098#Comment_173098

• possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting

I know there is now burst mode on swipe and video on shutter hold. But I'd like to have the option to choose if the long press of the shutter starts recording video or if burst mode kicks in. When swiping, the phone may move and photo recording in burst mode is affected. A simple toogle control in the camera settings for long press shutter : video/burst mode

Thank you

View post
Ok, noted! Thanks!

Martin2
Star III
Hi,
would it be possible to show on the camera in addition to current date and time also GPS position as ##.########N ##.########E ? Like OpenCamera from Mark Harman does? With as many decimal positions as possible. In NMEA logs I see 8 digits after the dot. If you can, you may also optionally add precision to the text displayed or PDOP/HDOP/VDOP values. I do not want the position to be translated to an address/city.
Thank you,

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Martin2

Hi,

would it be possible to show on the camera in addition to current date and time also GPS position as ##.########N ##.########E ? Like OpenCamera from Mark Harman does? With as many decimal positions as possible. In NMEA logs I see 8 digits after the dot. If you can, you may also optionally add precision to the text displayed or PDOP/HDOP/VDOP values. I do not want the position to be translated to an address/city.

Thank you,

View post
Thank you for your suggestion.