cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Genie Macro not working.

SaNgeL
Star I
Hi Zentalk,
The issue is as mentioned in the title. I'm using Asus ROG phone 5 with a firmware Version of ww_phone-18.0840.2104.56. This phone is not rooted. The problem is when i try to turn on the macro from the game genie i get a "permission request" notification and when i hit setting, nothing happen. I tried to go to app>permission manually but i can't find any macro/game genie related app that i can allow permission. I'd be more than appreciate if you can share solution for this issue.
Regards, Sam.

5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
SaNgeL

Hi Zentalk,

The issue is as mentioned in the title. I'm using Asus ROG phone 5 with a firmware Version of ww_phone-18.0840.2104.56. This phone is not rooted. The problem is when i try to turn on the macro from the game genie i get a "permission request" notification and when i hit setting, nothing happen. I tried to go to app>permission manually but i can't find any macro/game genie related app that i can allow permission. I'd be more than appreciate if you can share solution for this issue.

Regards, Sam.

screenshot-20210622-232606840.jpg

screenshot-20210622-232600702.jpg

Game Genie Macro not working.
I think you need storage permissions for macros to work. The file will be saved to internal storage/scripts.
If that doesn't work, then reset permissions:
** Note, this will reset permissions for all apps, so you will be requested to set them again when you launch apps.**
Settings - system - reset options - reset app preferences.
Let us know how you get on.

danielbarwell11
Star II
I have it all the time, I'm here to find a solution

ronald1985
Community Legend I
danielbarwell11

I have it all the time, I'm here to find a solution

View post
Did you try the second option I have mentioned?

SaNgeL
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49883/game-genie-macro-not-working

I think you need storage permissions for macros to work. The file will be saved to internal storage/scripts.

If that doesn't work, then reset permissions:

** Note, this will reset permissions for all apps, so you will be requested to set them again when you launch apps.**

Settings - system - reset options - reset app preferences.

Let us know how you get on.

View post
Apparently, my phone system can only reset mobile data, wifi, bluetooth and factory reset.