This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket ghost touches

vavriska
Star III
I'm getting horrible amount of ghost touches while I have my phone in the pocket. Glove mode is off and pocket mode is on. But the sensitivity of proximity sensor is very poor. It detects objects only a few millimeters away from screen.
Is there something that can be done about it? I have newer had this kind of problems. Coming from Galaxy S21 and LG G8s.
Thank you
38 REPLIES 38

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
jfgt7j8qgx

pocket mode is not useful

View post
Please try again with the latest firmware

mkumitsu
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170754#Comment_170754

Please try again with the latest firmware

View post
It helps nothing. Even if you cover the sensor by hand you can still make emergency calls. As If with disabled pocket mode.

ZT-47825b97
Star I
Returned my 2nd phone because of this issue.
So frustrating to take your Zenfone out of the pocket because the flashlight got triggered and is shining through trousers, have to wait for 21 seconds in order to enter the pin after numerous ghost touches... in the end to be greeted by a screenshot of your lock screen.
How did this thing pass any quality control?

rush09
Star III
Please add a button to disable the activation of the fingerprint on the screen automatically, do it only after pressing the button and activating the screen.

vavriska
Star III
rush09

Please add a button to disable the activation of the fingerprint on the screen automatically, do it only after pressing the button and activating the screen.

View post
screenshot-20210623-113138323.jpg
It's here, just tap on this.