waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version: .49 LATEST
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
This update has fixed some issues that I created a thread about. Voice echo fixed, ghost touch fixed. Volte, Admin Anders explained about Asus getting in touch with carriers to sort this, that's good news.
But I've noticed that the "temperature strategy" hasn't lowered the temp. With same usage as previous software, the phone is getting more warmer with same usage on this .49 update.. also, speaker volume has decreased, this is with both media play back & during a call on loudspeaker. Android system is still chewing the battery more than any other app.
I will be making a log & passing on to Anders, anyone else facing these issues I suggest you do the same, log the issues & send to Anders/Asus..

8 REPLIES 8

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
waxy78611

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version: .49 LATEST
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

This update has fixed some issues that I created a thread about. Voice echo fixed, ghost touch fixed. Volte, Admin Anders explained about Asus getting in touch with carriers to sort this, that's good news.

But I've noticed that the "temperature strategy" hasn't lowered the temp. With same usage as previous software, the phone is getting more warmer with same usage on this .49 update.. also, speaker volume has decreased, this is with both media play back & during a call on loudspeaker. Android system is still chewing the battery more than any other app.

I will be making a log & passing on to Anders, anyone else facing these issues I suggest you do the same, log the issues & send to Anders/Asus..

Rog 5 Latest Update

Mine is performance issue, and heating problem. You are correct, with the latest update. The phone is a lot hotter than before with the same usage. I mostly play pubg, codm and slightly with genshin impact, while recording and reason why I bought the phone. Same with other users here doing the same as me. Our complain is, before the. 47 update. You can play these game smoothly even with recording on. And the phone is not that hot compared to now. Also with the current update, i am experiencing drastic fps drops and stuttering.

I have already sent my gameplay with screen recording and Logs to Gustav. I hope they are working on the fix on this one and be part of the next update.

Dracoolia42
Star I
Same problem with .49 update, when I'm playing my phone burning with aero more than 45° 🤦
Second problem my power decrease a lot 🤔
Antutu v9 test
Before .49 / After .49
822622 / 746954
Cpu 209642 / 198617
GPU 318189 / 261918
I think Asus team are useless, why i have buy that phone, have a gaming phone and can't play without lags and burning... Asus want money not create great phone, for 300$ we can have Realme GT who are 1st on Antutu 🤷🤦
(Rog5 16go/256go)

ChillyRide
Rising Star I
If they dont fix this issues in next month or two, I will sell this phone and never get back to Asus! Its actually illegal to downgrade phone so much after all reviews have been done and flaged as top notch perfomance phone. Literally illegal!!! If Asus engineers messed up while design this phone than call back all phones and make v2 version, reputation and vote of confidence is all u got Asus. Dont lose it!

waxy78611
Zen Master I
There is a update coming for the throttling sometime this week. Hopefully it fixes the issue(s).