Did you mean: 

Problem with payment apps using NFC and bluetooth

Marioysikax
Star II
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5 16/256GB 5G
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.49
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Since getting the phone
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): K-Plussa-mobiilikortti (com.plussa.plussacard) 1.2.0, MobilePay (fi.danskebank.mobilepay) 5.5.0
I have accustomed to using my phone for many differend things, which does also mean stores own customer loyalty cards and payment apps outside just Google Pay. However since switching to ROG Phone 5 from OnePlus 7 Pro, these two apps just have completely stopped working for me. K-Plussa does absolutely nothing at the store (NFC app) even though Google Pay works fine. MobilePay will see the register at the store (Bluetooth) but will never get the payment info from the register.
I have been in customer service contact with both and it seems like this shouldn't be an issue with the Android directly, so what the heck is going on with ROG phone specifically? Also it appears these phones are bit rare in here, so couldn't find anyone else with same problems that I have.
Tried to clearing cache, giving all permissions, reinstalling, checking I have NFC and bluetooth on when in use, rebooting and adding to battery optimization exclusion. Nothing is helping.
8 REPLIES 8

zerojin14
Rising Star I
I haven't tried "Mobile Pay", but I'll let you know if I have the same problem

Marioysikax
Star II
zerojin14

I haven't tried "Mobile Pay", but I'll let you know if I have the same problem

View post
It is currently Finland only service which works on S-ryhmä and Kesko stores or by phone number with smaller stores and individuals (sending money trough phone number works fine as that does not utilize bluetooth), hence why troubleshooting is extremely hard when it doesn't seem to benot problem with operating system, apps nor the stores, so it's either software or hardware of the ROG phone 5 in most likelyhood not playing along with cash registers.
Is there some additional NFC/Bluetooth settings I might be missing for example?

zerojin14
Rising Star I
Marioysikax

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172542#Comment_172542

It is currently Finland only service which works on S-ryhmä and Kesko stores or by phone number with smaller stores and individuals (sending money trough phone number works fine as that does not utilize bluetooth), hence why troubleshooting is extremely hard when it doesn't seem to benot problem with operating system, apps nor the stores, so it's either software or hardware of the ROG phone 5 in most likelyhood not playing along with cash registers.

Is there some additional NFC/Bluetooth settings I might be missing for example?

View post
did you try to reset the bluetooth?

crashed
Star II
I have similar issues. NFC Contactless payments don't work with the Swedbank app in Lithuania. Haven't tried GPay yet. Everything seems to look ok on the software side, but touching the phone to the terminal does nothing even with the bank app turned on and primed for payment. The NFC receiver does work in some cases as I've tested it out by successfully reading the information from my passport.