cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After last update.

birkemark78
Star I
Hi guys.
After last update I'm beginning to have a lot of problems. Do you also have them?
- My phone can't be on wifi periodic. It says no connection. Have to turn of wifi, wait some minutes, and the on again. It lasts 5/10 min. I have a lot of other products on wifi at the same time, but don't have any problems. My sim/mobile data is no problem. Battery saver is turned of.
- Notifications comes in a group, and always 5-120 min later. Fore example i have Nest door bell. I will get the notification later that a person have ding-donged. I know some cases it okay😀
- The phone get hot when charging (my OnePlus don't)
- The screen is active in my pocket. I do a lot of emergency calls when I'm moving.
Tobias

18 REPLIES 18

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We're already working on re-calibrating the proximity sensor which should improve some scenarios.
But you need to make sure you have pocket mode enabled.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
Well I've given the Zenfone 8 two full weeks now and as much as I wanted this to be the phone for me it has let me down :
No WiFi Calling for ANY UK network and no sign of there ever being.
The phone freezes when using stock Chrome Browser to access the internet (tried factory reset, still happening)
As mentioned above, proximity sensor issues (@Anders_ASUS I understand you are working on it but you are also working on network support for WiFi Calling and that's nowhere near happening for UK networks)
When locked the phone sometimes opens without fingerprint or face unlock😱, this should not be happening (and I have got the smart screen option turned off)
Sadly the phone is being returned and my quest for a small ,flagship android phone continues.

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Same problem for me as for OP
phone started getting really hot while charging
notifications are really delayed

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lukasz.szabelski

Same problem for me as for OP

• phone started getting really hot while charging
  • notifications are really delayed

View post
For notifications;
You may try to disable "Background app management" in Settings -> Battery

This would turn all of that off, Background app management helps hibernate apps after a while in memory (not kill them), but this may cause notifications to come in delayed as you experience.

What you may also try is to "longpress" the specific app icon, press " i " and find the same setting in Battery settings per app. This allows you to control the hibernation by app instead of all on/off.

birkemark78
Star I
Hi Guy's.
I have now sold my Asus ZenFone 16/256. I hoped it was something. I really liked the size. So now its back to OnePlus.