HDR brightness Issue Rog 5

Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.49
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System Display calibration
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi team,
I noticed that when in full brightness and playing an HDR video (in all youtube,prime video and Netflix) the screen brightness lowers than it actually was when in non HDR scene...this should happen opposite right like in HDR screen should become bright clsoe to 1200 nits from non HDR 800nit peak...but this is happening opposite HDR lowers the peak brightness at full bright level...I also confirmed it with all other rog users ... everybody noticed this after I pointed out .. please look into this issue
2 REPLIES 2

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Sibi,
This isn't an issue.
HDR on OLEDs need brightness control to work properly. Once enabled the display driver decides how to control brightness for a specific scene
System controls brightness if HDR content is detected. So max brightness will look a little low.

Sibi
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Sibi,

This isn't an issue.

HDR on OLEDs need brightness control to work properly. Once enabled the display driver decides how to control brightness for a specific scene

System controls brightness if HDR content is detected. So max brightness will look a little low.

View post
Yaa bro but the HDR content looks a lot darker I think this has to do with contrast .....please take a look on this and make the HDR bit bright..because even in indoor with just some lights on the HDR content looks darker even in full brightness