prashant99545
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

5 REPLIES 5

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
You cannot have a 2x optical zoom, as that would require hardware.
If you talk about digital zoom, just pinch your fingers, I don't know why they didnt implement a doubletap to 2x zoom yet, it has been requested but never happened thus far, which is weird considering it should be a very easy implementation.
@Anders_ASUS going to tag you there. As I would think the doubletab to 2x zoom is quite good to have, also I would also love if you allow zoom with macro camera, it's defnitely possible what we can see on the gcam port for rog3 and as a person who actually uses the macro camera to read ID's from SMD's I would love to be able to zoom in a little more.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi
For any ideas or feature request, you can post here:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/ideas

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
The X2 button is a very useful option that the rog 2 has and it was super comfortable when zooming. I do not understand why the rog3 doesn't have it. Although it does not have optical zoom, the button is better, faster and more precise (instantaneous) than pinching or sliding your finger on the screen. I have requested this function in this forum several times and the response of the developers was "it is not necessary to saturate the camera application with that x2 option" ... as if the x2 button were to cover the entire screen .. pathetic.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

The X2 button is a very useful option that the rog 2 has and it was super comfortable when zooming. I do not understand why the rog3 doesn't have it. Although it does not have optical zoom, the button is better, faster and more precise (instantaneous) than pinching or sliding your finger on the screen. I have requested this function in this forum several times and the response of the developers was "it is not necessary to saturate the camera application with that x2 option" ... as if the x2 button were to cover the entire screen .. pathetic.

View post
The button doesnt make much sense. doubletap to zoom is way better as it doesnt need an extra UI element and makes the UX better.