journeywithme06
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 5 16 256
Firmware Version:. 49
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
We really are not getting a stable.2.84 Ghz of clockespeed. As soon as you turn on the xmode plus. It goes down to 1.56. Ive seen a video in youtube "rog 5 preformance issue" and its more than a month already, is this a hardware issue? Or a software? If this is a software, when are going to have a fix on this one. This is serious. No other SD 888 phone, is having this issue.
https://youtu.be/2-xqz2ZiwJU

18 REPLIES 18

cotov666
Star III
If it's not under heavy load at that time why do you expect it should stay at 100% frequency?

journeywithme06
Star III
cotov666

If it's not under heavy load at that time why do you expect it should stay at 100% frequency?

View post

Why would you not expect having the 100% frequency? You have already set it to xmode, in preperation for any heavy loads the phone will encounter, avoiding delays. Other SD 888 phone can lock it to 100%, rog 3 seems to lock it. Why cant rog 5 do it?

You may not be able to notice it if your playing ordinary game, but pubg, life after and other heavy games, youll notice the difference. Youll only get a maximum of 2.5 Ghz and much worse. It does not stay there for long and revert back to 1.56. Items in game tends to load much slower compared to xiaomi m11. note that both of the phone are connected to the same internet.

Now, why would you not expect to have it stay on 100% frequency?

N7EVOX
Star II
I have the same problem and it is not normal, I am very disappointed with the phone at the moment.
My wife's Mi 11 performs much better on Genshin Impact than on my ROG 5 with cooler and X Mod +.

I hope that the next update will correct this problem otherwise I think I will resell it.

journeywithme06
Star III
N7EVOX

I have the same problem and it is not normal, I am very disappointed with the phone at the moment.

My wife's Mi 11 performs much better on Genshin Impact than on my ROG 5 with cooler and X Mod +.

I hope that the next update will correct this problem otherwise I think I will resell it.

View post
I am with you bro. And to make matters worse. Rog 5 cost a lot compared to xiaomi mi11, which mi11 perform much better compared to rog 5. If this issue will not be solved? This is just the end of the 2nd quarter of the year, so there will be a lot of phone which will be released this year which will overpower rog 5 in terms of performance, then buying this phone is a bad choice.