karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Reaperzwolf

To do battery calibration follow these steps. Worked well for my ROG 3:

1.Drain battery to 0,( Phone would switch off by itself, try to turn on and ensure that no more juice left to power it on again)

2. Leave 30 mins,

3. Charge at Switch-off condition to 100,

4. Switch it on the device,

5. Then again Switch off and charge for 30 mins,

6. Unplug and phone to cool down for 30 mins.

Hopefully, these steps help you all.

View post
Ok cool thanks I'll give it a try when this charge runs down. I know that sometimes if you leave the phone on the charger for a while after it hit's%100 it seems to last a lot longer before dropping to%99 , not only Asus phones but phones in general so it doesn't surprise me that your method for calibration works well I'll keep you posted

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Alright so here is the trend which i wanted the Moderators here to consider after i have been asking people like @Anna-Kin that the problem was with the phone that he received but i was wrong. Yes initially even i did get 9+ hrs of SOT and also 1 time i achieved 11hrs SOT. But for the past 2days i have been calculating my SOT in various ways of app usage and found that its just 6.3hrs only max. Same was achieved by Dynamic mode and Advanced Mode.
Let me know if you guys need any details from my side.@Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

quangchuot1509
Star III
screenshot-20210617-003141908.jpg
hey guy, i have a question, i set up the charging limit to 80%. As before they are just fine but recently when i charge, it is not reset the cycle of battery usage and keep counting. As you can see in the picture the cycle began 2 day ago, when i charge it back to 80% the chart go up but dont reset the counting and keep count from the charge before. Any idea of fixing it? Thanks all.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

Alright so here is the trend which i wanted the Moderators here to consider after i have been asking people like @Anna-Kin that the problem was with the phone that he received but i was wrong. Yes initially even i did get 9+ hrs of SOT and also 1 time i achieved 11hrs SOT. But for the past 2days i have been calculating my SOT in various ways of app usage and found that its just 6.3hrs only max. Same was achieved by Dynamic mode and Advanced Mode.

Let me know if you guys need any details from my side.@Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

View post
I agree with @Reaperzwolf it seems that the battery issue is with the OS/Software and not with the hardware.
This battery issue is being faced by a lot of ROG Phone 5 users, and should not be ignored by ASUS, so Mods, kindly do not ignore this issue, we will gladly help with any kind of feedback or usage chart you might need for analysis.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Reaperzwolf

To do battery calibration follow these steps. Worked well for my ROG 3:

1.Drain battery to 0,( Phone would switch off by itself, try to turn on and ensure that no more juice left to power it on again)

2. Leave 30 mins,

3. Charge at Switch-off condition to 100,

4. Switch it on the device,

5. Then again Switch off and charge for 30 mins,

6. Unplug and phone to cool down for 30 mins.

Hopefully, these steps help you all.

View post
I tried this method and at this stage I think it helps. I uninstalled accubattery then reinstalled it so I could get a realistic reading. Almost 2 days since doing your nuclear battery calibration and I have 50% battery still so that is a great sign . I will let you know what accubattery says my capicty is once it evaluates it .
Thanks for the tip it seems to work well 🙂 RGDS Roy
Did I say, works well, if this keeps up I should say, works incredibly well 👍 very cool Tip