cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

martinparker28
Rising Star II
Just by googling this issue I can see Asus mobile phone customers have been requesting WiFi Calling for more than 3 years..... That's round about when Oneplus became a smart phone producer and all their phones support WiFi Calling with all major networks in UK, yet Asus are not supported by Any!!!, what gives?, why the lack of support?

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Maybe for older phones it is like you've described. If you'll read this thread, you can see that VoLTE/VoWiFi has been enabled for some operators since Zenfone 8 has been released. More carriers supported are coming 😉

martinparker28
Rising Star II
lukasz.szabelski

Maybe for older phones it is like you've described. If you'll read this thread, you can see that VoLTE/VoWiFi has been enabled for some operators since Zenfone 8 has been released. More carriers supported are coming 😉

View post
Nothing to do with older phones....my point is there are no UK networks supported up to this date, you are probably one of the few who's network do support the Zenfone 8,my view is that a flagship phone from any mobile supplier should launch with all major network support, not just a few and certainly with none in the UK.

Grzegorz__POLAN
Star II
lukasz.szabelski

Hi all,

Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:

screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?

Best,

Lukasz

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8
Because of very poor call quality I have returned 7 Pro and it's nothing about VoLTE or VoWiFi, I don't even care them very much. It must be something else. It's not normal that call quality of new flagship phone is worse then in old Nokia phones. I was very disappointed, because I really liked 7 Pro, but I call a lot and I couldn't keep the phone with so bad call quality. I had a lot of phones and never had such a problem. As I can see nothing is changed in this matter 😕 But away, it is strange that VoLTE works with custom roms and it doesn't work with official Asus OS. I use Xiaomi Mi 9 and it's not on the list of supported phones of my provider, but I can use VoLTE and doesn't matter if I use custom roms or official MIUI rom. There is a code that I have to use to stop checking carriers and it works. I don't understand why it is so big problem for Asus.

czinege_tamas
Star III
Any plans for enabling VoLTE for Telenor HU? Thanks