This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart key for flashlight not working

jim_olsson_se
Star II
I have set up the Smart key for pressing the power-button twice to turn on/off the flashlight, but this is not working from a locked screen, but It works when the phone is unlocked.
When I press it I get the error message "Flashlight is currently unavailable", but if I use the flashlight shortcut in the notification menu it works (while in locked or unlocked mode).
This worked before but after some update it stopped working.
12 REPLIES 12

jim_olsson_se
Star II
robybaggio11

Do you have face unlock enabled? I don't know why, but the double press for flashlight does not work if face unlock is active.

View post
Yes, I have and now it works when I disabled face unlock. Nice find! Hope this will be fixed.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
robybaggio11

I didn't discover this myself, I just read about this in a telegram group, did a quick check that confirmed it, and reported it here.

If needed I could provide a video, I don't know how to provide logs, but I think everyone can check it for themselves, developers included. Maybe they already know about it, or maybe there is some reason, I don't know

View post
Dont worry steps to capture logs will be asked & provided to you by moderators in PM.
Thanks!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Our flashlight function is tied to the camera in a way.
When face unlock is being used - the "camera system" is being controlled by 'face unlock' - and that is why flashlight wont enable from lockscreen with face unlock, as turning on the screen will also turn on face unlock,

Alex_s
Rising Star I
Well... if you press the power button twice quickly, the camera does not have to be activated. It also works on other Android smartphones with face unlock. As it is now, it's pointless.