This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart key for flashlight not working

jim_olsson_se
Star II
I have set up the Smart key for pressing the power-button twice to turn on/off the flashlight, but this is not working from a locked screen, but It works when the phone is unlocked.
When I press it I get the error message "Flashlight is currently unavailable", but if I use the flashlight shortcut in the notification menu it works (while in locked or unlocked mode).
This worked before but after some update it stopped working.
12 REPLIES 12

mkumitsu
Star III
Turning on flashlight by screen gesture like on Oneplus would be perfect.

robybaggio11
Star III
Do you have face unlock enabled? I don't know why, but the double press for flashlight does not work if face unlock is active.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
robybaggio11

Do you have face unlock enabled? I don't know why, but the double press for flashlight does not work if face unlock is active.

View post
Are you sure about this?? And glad that you found the real cause for the problem. Now it would be easy for developers to debug.
I think you should share logs and your findings with some video proofs to mods so that they can have a closer look at your issue. I will tag mods for you so that if developers find same reason within your logs than this issue should get fixed way sooner with future firmwares. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
Thanks!

robybaggio11
Star III
I didn't discover this myself, I just read about this in a telegram group, did a quick check that confirmed it, and reported it here.
If needed I could provide a video, I don't know how to provide logs, but I think everyone can check it for themselves, developers included. Maybe they already know about it, or maybe there is some reason, I don't know