Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.49
Rooted or not: non rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): whatsapp
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I bought rog 5 couple days ago....and noticed when using whatsapp/fb/insta front camera the camera smoothens out the face so hardly it looks like oil painting please fix this issue .when using back cam in the same app this is not happening only on front cam it beautifies so hardly
25 REPLIES 25

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Sibi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171754#Comment_171754

Hi...you remember asking me to reboot to safe mode for quick launch camera settings...after that and normal reboot the issue is fixed..but if you look precisely the front camera is darker in these apps than it is on stock camera

View post
@Sibi Things won't work here without proof of the issue. I understand what you are talking about but to inform the devs the mods need sample.

Sibi
Rising Star II
img-20210616-085240-609-01.jpeg
p-20210616-085232-01.jpeg
Here is the proof...1st pic is taken in instagram and 2nd is stock camera with HDR and beautify turned off ...look at the brightness difference this is the issue happening in all 3rd party app front camera..back cam is fine only front camera has this issue @ARP_ASUS @and06tw @Reaperzwolf also see how much zoomed in the 3rd party pic is while stock cam field of view is much larger

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Yes very true! I have checked the same thing with Instagram, Facebook and Whatsapp and the results are pretty dull and dark in comparison to the stock camera of the front camera. Also same thing applies for video calls too.
I am fine with the zoom part but not with the dull and dark output via 3rd party apps. Just wanted to know if Asus Stock Camera is giving the normal output or the other 3rd party apps are providing the correct accuracy!
@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

Sibi
Rising Star II
Reaperzwolf

Yes very true! I have checked the same thing with Instagram, Facebook and Whatsapp and the results are pretty dull and dark in comparison to the stock camera of the front camera. Also same thing applies for video calls too.

I am fine with the zoom part but not with the dull and dark output via 3rd party apps. Just wanted to know if Asus Stock Camera is giving the normal output or the other 3rd party apps are providing the correct accuracy!

@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

View post
Stock cam is good and accurate bro it's the 3rd party apps pic/video quality of front cam that is poor...and also looks cropped in compared to the stock camera's field of view...I think this has to do with some camera permission coding for these apps...video calls are too poor and the other person says it looks like a 2mp cam quality for them!!!
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @ARP @TITAN@Titan_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

Sibi
Rising Star II
@Gun2@Gustav@Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS I posted this on .49.and got 3 ota after this...still this remains...pls fix this issue....selfie cam takes darker image when using it in 3rd party apps like whatsapp insta fb Snapchat..and the face smoothens out a lot!