Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
======================================== it is now the 5/6/21; and the zenfone 7 is still on the 5/3/21/ security patch. Am I the only one who is a bit annoyed that Asus have not passed on our security patches since March. Especially as the zenfone 7 is the top tier phone for Asus,
Not good enough . It's bad enough being attacked by the Asus , yes people,( you know who you are) for even asking about security patches , but just being ignored by the MOD'S when asking is just to much.
You either know when we can expect some attention or you don't but either way let the masses know.
For every one person who may attack me for being so forward as to even ask, there are a hundred that want an answer,now !
Better still,an update now, oh no, now I've done it , I said a dirty word Upd &$+ now! Sorry?
PS show your support give it a,me too ,or thumbs up,

17 REPLIES 17

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
fear_dot_com_2000

Hmmm I doubt this is the latest security patch. We are in June so the latest security patch would be May if June was not released yet.....To be honest this update is just to make some voices shut up....I still have the notification issue, whatsapp scroll lag, AOD was not updated as it would have been nice since they have changed it for ZF8 to show icons, VOLTE is still missing and we are definitely NOT on the latest security patch...Should I continue with my issues? Really disappointed on the updates and fixes that Asus has provided for the ZF 7 series...

View post
I've already explained the whatsapp scroll issue. It's a battery optimization feature and not a bug.
We still don't know why you and some others have a notification issue but we're still working on it. It would have been much easier if this was an issue that everybody has or that is easy to find. But we will get there.
Don't expect our phones to be on the latest security patch. A security update is not something we simply upload right after we receive it from Google. It takes time to implement with all the changes we've made with ZenUI. We need to test for bugs etc.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170358#Comment_170358

I've already explained the whatsapp scroll issue. It's a battery optimization feature and not a bug.

We still don't know why you and some others have a notification issue but we're still working on it. It would have been much easier if this was an issue that everybody has or that is easy to find. But we will get there.

Don't expect our phones to be on the latest security patch. A security update is not something we simply upload right after we receive it from Google. It takes time to implement with all the changes we've made with ZenUI. We need to test for bugs etc.

View post
How come this whatsapp feature is only for zenfone 7 pro and not others? My wife's pixel 3a does not suffer from this issue and it is a way lower spec'd SOC on the pixel.
Other phones that we have also don't suffer from this "feature" (samsung galaxy s10, xiaomi mi mix, huawei p30 pro). Hell even zenfone 7 pro did not suffer from this on A10....so how can you explain this? Maybe the same battery optimization "feature" is to blame also for notifications...

Roystoys
Zen Master III
From a cheap $300 Nokia g 10 if they can do it why can't you know who???