gianlucarsp
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: at every use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp 2.21.7.14
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
After having installed A11 via OTA, I started noticing a very annoying lag in Whatsapp, mainly when exiting a discussion meanwhile the other person is typing in the same discussion: in details, the transition between a specific discussion and the main feed is very slow (at a very low frame rate) and totally not smooth.
I therefore decided to perform a factory reset and a fresh reinstallation of all the apps, whit the hope to fix it but, unfortunately, as soon as I installed Whatsapp again, the lag immediately popped up again as well.
I also tried to wipe the app cache but no result at all.
Any idea/suggestion? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Thank you in advance

20 REPLIES 20

leoch_wong
Star II
Any updates on this bug? I sincerely believe that it cannot be a power saving feature, at least not in my case, as 1) it is easily replicable repeatedly even if I turn off all battery optimisation options 2) it doesn't occur on other A11 phones
It also happens every time I click into a Whatsapp message via the notification, even if I just exited WhatsApp, as opposed to "after opening an app that hasn't been used for a while."
Let me know if I need to provide video recording or logs in PM. Thanks!