This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using DualShock 4 on Asus Rog Phone 5.

zerojin14
Rising Star I
Model Name: Asus rog phone 5 (no root)
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.47:
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
I know Android 11 has been having some trouble with bluetooth and it really bugs me that I can't use my dualshock 4 controller. I can't tell if something google needs to fix or Asus needs to fix.
The controller works at begining with no problems then about 30 secs later everything lags 😞 I know it's not my controller since it's fine on my older phone and my Galaxy tab 7+ (tablet) without issue.
I uploaded a small video, where you can see the phone in action.

19 REPLIES 19

zerojin14
Rising Star I
wojtekmarchewka

I found this information

"You need to turn off wi-fi/bluetooth location scanning and that should fix it"s

settings / location / scanning Wifi & bluetooth

View post
didn't help sadly ;(

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
You have other controllers. If not, can you borrow from someone? to see if it's your DS4 or each pad

zerojin14
Rising Star I
wojtekmarchewka

You have other controllers. If not, can you borrow from someone? to see if it's your DS4 or each pad

View post
I don't, but it works great on other devices.. like my old phone, tablet, PC, laptop and nvidia shield and google tv, so I assume it wasn't the controller.
I tried resetting the controller as well.

I'm thinking of buying the Kunai controller for the phone anyway. However Geforce Now, doesn't work right, so I'm waiting on a fix first.

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
I think Kunai is bad. Works only with Rog (there are also problems with drifting analogs) Better to buy another pad cheaper, and it will be for many devices, e.g. PC / PS4 / NS / Android
I have two ipega controllers at home
Ipega 9077 (PC/Android)
pad-bluetooth-z-uchwytem-na-telefon-z-akumulatorem-ipega-pg-9077-czarny-1.jpg
Ipega SW-029 (PC/PS3/Android/Nintendo Switch)
images-jpeg.jpg
Each Rog Phone, it is better to mount an Ipega SW-029 controller. As the grip, on the Ipega 9077, it presses the power button on each Rog Phone
The cost of both is about $ 25, so about $ 100 cheaper from Kunai

zerojin14
Rising Star I
wojtekmarchewka

I think Kunai is bad. Works only with Rog (there are also problems with drifting analogs) Better to buy another pad cheaper, and it will be for many devices, e.g. PC / PS4 / NS / Android

I have two ipega controllers at home

Ipega 9077 (PC/Android)

pad-bluetooth-z-uchwytem-na-telefon-z-akumulatorem-ipega-pg-9077-czarny-1.jpg

Ipega SW-029 (PC/PS3/Android/Nintendo Switch)

images-jpeg.jpg

Each Rog Phone, it is better to mount an Ipega SW-029 controller. As the grip, on the Ipega 9077, it presses the power button on each Rog Phone

The cost of both is about $ 25, so about $ 100 cheaper from Kunai

View post
You're absolutely right! it can only be used with rog, it's really expensive and have issues it seem. I just like the idea of switching modes like the nintendo switch.
heard Ipega controllers has issue with deathspot?
I'm thinking making my own controller now. buy a cheap case and attaching joycons to it lol... or just buy an xbox or PS5 controller.

Thank you helping me out!
oh if you could, try "Geforce Now" on your rog 5. a few of us on reddit have this problem where it lags for no reason, even though other service like stadia & xcloud is fine.