Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.49
Rooted or not: non rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): whatsapp
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I bought rog 5 couple days ago....and noticed when using whatsapp/fb/insta front camera the camera smoothens out the face so hardly it looks like oil painting please fix this issue .when using back cam in the same app this is not happening only on front cam it beautifies so hardly
25 REPLIES 25

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
The camera sensor used in the phone is above average and is powerful too.The only problem is with the algorithm applied to it. Thats the reason Asus Camera app always makes problem as you have mentioned. I wish they can fix this soon as to my knowledge the sensors are too good.

Sibi
Rising Star II
@and06tw @Titan_ASUS plss look this issue and respond...not able to use the front cam for video calling....all the apps that access front cam except stock camera app has this beautify issue.....it beautifies so hard and makes the face look like oil painting and the picture/video quality is darker and poir too....back cam is normal..only front cam has this issue on all 3rd party apps that use front cam

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Sibi,
I just compared on Facebook, Instagram and What's App front camera quality with the default camera App. I don't feel there is quality issues. Can you send some sample comparison for our internal check.

Sibi
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Sibi,

I just compared on Facebook, Instagram and What's App front camera quality with the default camera App. I don't feel there is quality issues. Can you send some sample comparison for our internal check.

View post
Hi...you remember asking me to reboot to safe mode for quick launch camera settings...after that and normal reboot the issue is fixed..but if you look precisely the front camera is darker in these apps than it is on stock camera