Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.49
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Notification
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I just now noticed that in notification when we get message from whatsapp and the user changes whatsapp profile picture and messages after the profile picture has been changed the notification shows their old whatsapp profile picture...this is not whatsapp issue I checked with same version whatsapp on other devices..it works perfectly only in this it's happening
6 REPLIES 6

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Sibi

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.49
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Notification

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi, I just now noticed that in notification when we get message from whatsapp and the user changes whatsapp profile picture and messages after the profile picture has been changed the notification shows their old whatsapp profile picture...this is not whatsapp issue I checked with same version whatsapp on other devices..it works perfectly only in this it's happening

Whatsapp notification issue
Clear Cache of WhatsApp and restart your device. Hopefully, it should be back to normal.

Sibi
Rising Star II
Reaperzwolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49478/whatsapp-notification-issue

Clear Cache of WhatsApp and restart your device. Hopefully, it should be back to normal.

View post
Tried it bro still same

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Sibi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171740#Comment_171740

Tried it bro still same

View post
Try uninstalling the app and check if it works!

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Sibi,
Thanks for reporting, I can find the same issue on ROG Phone 5. Clear cache doesn't work. Maybe Uninstall should. But, uninstall can't be a perfect solution. I will report this ahead.