This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 display yellow tint

Grzemar
Rising Star I
Hi, in my model colors of the display especially white are slightly yellow tint. I have reading mode turned off, and splendid is set to cool, but it is still visible. I tried different settings, but nothing changes. Has anyone observed a similar thing?
8 REPLIES 8

th_besch
Rising Star I
Hi everybody, I experience exactly the same and found no way to change it.
May be this is intended as the new white now? Vintage style? 😉
I would really like to know how to get this fixed.
Thanx
Thomas

Grzemar
Rising Star I
Hi, try app "Night Mode" from store. You can set a higher blue light intensity in one of modes. You have to try and adapt to yourself so that it suits you eyes. This is a temporary solution. I am waiting for someone else to speak or have a similar problem. It would be nice if the representatives of ASUS spoke, so far I've only heard about the tone control in the system, which is very weak and gives no results. It seems to me that we came across a worse display model, maybe that's why the company is silent about it.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
grzegorz.marucha

Thanks for your reply. I know that standard and cinematic presets are more K than others. But I use to all of time default mode, even when I move slider to max cooler side, this only changes really little bit, almost imperceptibly. I done pictures with default settings in my ZF8 vs Redmi 4x. I will just add that the color difference is more visible live. What is curious sometimes the screen seems very yellow and sometimes only slightly and its always on default mode, my wife sees it too. Check this and please tell if its normal or no, cause im worried if my display is ok. Sorry for quality. Please others users for their opinions if you have similar feelings with your displays.

193977629-129607305904313-5517662989306084767-n.jpg

195306370-1390228818029823-8209347769671482456-n.jpg

View post
Its likely that your Redmi 4x is very blue and that this is what you're used to since most manufacturers tune their display to be blue. If you're in default mode in splendid and at the coolest setting, is the display still not blue to you? If not, then I recommend you to contact a service center

Grzemar
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170265#Comment_170265

Its likely that your Redmi 4x is very blue and that this is what you're used to since most manufacturers tune their display to be blue. If you're in default mode in splendid and at the coolest setting, is the display still not blue to you? If not, then I recommend you to contact a service center

View post
Yes, Im in default mode in splendid set to coolest and nothing really happens with temperature of display in any settings which i try. For be sure Im asking my wife, and she sees it too. But I wonder if this will be getting worse with time or display will broke in any way because of this. If not, then I think this yellow tint is not bad for my eyes and I'll get used to it. I'd just like to avoid any nasty suprises in future.