This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I use an app , accubattery,, and normally I wouldn't put much into the results eg when I charge my battery to 100% from say 15% and check what the app says about the health of my battery it says 92% or there abouts it has done this from the word go . Ok it's just an app and probably not very accurate but I recently purchased my wife a Nokia g 10 and when I check the battery with the same app it says 101% ( it has a 5050 mAh Battery capacity) but the app says it's capacity or at least the amount of charge I just put into it is 5118 mAh.
My zenfone 7 has a 5000 mAh Battery and when I check the app after charging to 100% it says it's capacity is roughly 4600 mAh or 92% . I purchased it as soon as it hit the market, the box was sealed so no one could have used or tampered with it .
Is it in fact correct and is the batteries capacity less than the advertised 5000 mAh ?
I am curious what other people think???
26 REPLIES 26

Roystoys
Zen Master III
6am and I just checked after the phone was on flight mode all night long and location and adaptive brightest are both off

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
fear_dot_com_2000

The actual battery capacity is 4830 mAh. If you search for ZF7 disassembly video you will see the battery. It is written on it 5000 typical, 4830 rated . So I think the actual capacity is 4830 mAh....still not bad but not 5000...

View post
This is how batteries are labeled. The rated (in this case 4830 mAh) value is the minimum guaranteed battery capacity while the typical (in this case 5000mAh) value refers the average battery capacity that this battery was designed for. Because batteries are chemical and not exact, some batteries which are designed with a 5000 mAh capacity might get a capacity of 4900mAh while some will get 5100mAh.
So why did accubattery and topolovs usb meter measure less? Multiple reasons. First of, accubattery isn't accurate, it's estimating. The USB meter is more accurate but topolov started from 2% and those last two percent account for a little more than 2% of the real capacity. There's also no way of knowing how much wear this battery has unless it was correctly measured when it was new.
From the values I've seen, I'd say it looks normal if you account for some battery wear. Batteries are not perfect yet. Hopefully in the future, we will get batteries that won't degrade.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168261#Comment_168261

This is how batteries are labeled. The rated (in this case 4830 mAh) value is the minimum guaranteed battery capacity while the typical (in this case 5000mAh) value refers the average battery capacity that this battery was designed for. Because batteries are chemical and not exact, some batteries which are designed with a 5000 mAh capacity might get a capacity of 4900mAh while some will get 5100mAh.

So why did accubattery and topolovs usb meter measure less? Multiple reasons. First of, accubattery isn't accurate, it's estimating. The USB meter is more accurate but topolov started from 2% and those last two percent account for a little more than 2% of the real capacity. There's also no way of knowing how much wear this battery has unless it was correctly measured when it was new.

From the values I've seen, I'd say it looks normal if you account for some battery wear. Batteries are not perfect yet. Hopefully in the future, we will get batteries that won't degrade.

View post
It's all good, this battery ( Z 7) is in line with other Asus batteries I have used.
What blows me away is how long a battery lasts on say the pixel 5 or the Nokia g 10, especially the g 10. I understand that it's spec's aren't in the same ballpark but the pixel 5 isn't far off so how do they do it?
I hate charging phones 😫

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171694#Comment_171694

It's all good, this battery ( Z 7) is in line with other Asus batteries I have used.

What blows me away is how long a battery lasts on say the pixel 5 or the Nokia g 10, especially the g 10. I understand that it's spec's aren't in the same ballpark but the pixel 5 isn't far off so how do they do it?

I hate charging phones 😫

View post
It's not just the SoC but also other components like the display that makes a big difference in power drain. You can watch YouTube comparisons of pixel 5 vs other phones. Its design is very efficient and Google has succeeded with their software optimization too.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171696#Comment_171696

It's not just the SoC but also other components like the display that makes a big difference in power drain. You can watch YouTube comparisons of pixel 5 vs other phones. Its design is very efficient and Google has succeeded with their software optimization too.

View post
Yes your right it is a small phone. It isn't all that good though, I had a pixel 5 for about a month before I sold it and came back to this Z 7 . The Bluetooth kept partially disconnecting from my van so the audio would come through the phone and not the vans system. Maybe a faulty phone, maybe a bug who knows. It also doesn't support Miracast so that was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me anyway. Regardless, I think no phone is ever perfect so it comes down to whatever you can live with and this Z 7 tick's enough of my boxes