cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

pipsss81
Rising Star I
I noticed significant improvement with last .60 update. Last few days it used less than 0,5%/h screen off and less than 10% mobile in standby per day. I also disabled google auto backup few day ago, idk if that had any impact, or it was just update.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
pipsss81

I noticed significant improvement with last .60 update. Last few days it used less than 0,5%/h screen off and less than 10% mobile in standby per day. I also disabled google auto backup few day ago, idk if that had any impact, or it was just update.

View post
The .60 update does address certain scenarios causing more standy drain than expected - but whether or not it improves everyone's situation is hard to say as that is still highly dependent on how the device is actually being used (which apps, which features, which network, which signal condition, which brightness and so on).

shazadz
Star III
screenshot-20210615-001006148.jpg
Got abit better battery life today,i dont have 5g coverage by my network only 4g but i turned that to 3g and saw an improvement in battery life,will test this further

Salvatore
Star III
shazadz

Got abit better battery life today,i dont have 5g coverage by my network only 4g but i turned that to 3g and saw an improvement in battery life,will test this further

View post
I did some more testing.
I can confirm @shazadz's point, disabling 4G network made the battery last for almost 2 days (so basically double the time compared to the standard settings). So 4G management needs to be fixed for sure :
screenshot-4.png

But there's still something broken in the overall behaviour. At the and of the charging cycle, cell standby drained almost 50% of the whole charge, with big drops happening at night :

screenshot-2.png

Indeed, i had "scheduled power saving" feature enabled to work from 2:00AM to 6:59AM, so i suspect it to be the possible reason of the night drops (meh, it is supposed to save battery, not savage drain) :

screenshot-3.png

Other than that, i can't find any other processes or applications doing something different at night in particular, so the behaviour is still unclear.
I'll do one more test disabling night power saving and see what happens.
More infos/suggestions are always welcome.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
There is something wrong. Or with your phone, or you have really bad 4G signal and phone is using a lot of power to stay connected. My phone used 30,5% in last 4 days on 4G. 50% for less than 2 days is a lot.