Rog 5 List Of Bugs/Issues

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: WW-18.0840.2103.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regularly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android system, Android OS Etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So it has been almost 1 month since the last update. Many issues have been reported & hopefully the Devs have kept an eye on the threads from multiple users. Just to summarise the issues which are affecting Rog 5 users:
1. Battery drain either through Android OS, Android System, Mobile Network standby or all 3 simultaneously.
2. Excessive Heat from the device even with normal usage. This can definitely be linked to the battery draining apps mentioned above so perhaps if those apps are fixed so will the heating issue.
3. 5G & Volte not working for many users. This seems to be happening predominantly in the UK. Upon checking XDA forums, it's apparent that Volte does work in India, Asia & on some networks in America. However, volte does not work at all on any network in the UK. Same goes for 5g, haven't seen any luck in the UK myself even by trying different carriers and yes I've been in 5g hotspots. However, users in Indian, Asia and America seem to have 5g running perfectly.
4. Standby battery drain due to Android OS, Android System & Mobile network signal or all 3 simultaneously. This again is linked to the first point stated above.
5. Charging issue. Even with slow charging active, the phone still charge very fast as if hyper charge is on. The battery icon displays the hyper charge symbol so it's definitely a software bug.
6. Screen refresh rate. Although the phone doesn't come with a 90hz option, it would be massively appreciated if this could be added (should be possible). This option of 90hz will no doubt be a boost for battery life aswel as phone temps. Also many users have requested this. It's definitely the sweet spot & perfectly balanced.
7. Call issues. I along with other users have noticed an issue when on a call. Voice goes in and out, person on other end says they can't hear us for a brief period and voice goes in and out. Same when phone is on loudspeaker.
8. Ghost touch. This happens mainly when on Ultra Durable mode or with 60hz active. Self explanatory.
If these issues could be addressed that would be good. If I have missed anything or there's a fix for any of the aforementioned issues, please add your own .
90 REPLIES 90

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but during calls while using the internal speakers the bottom speaker is louder than the ear piece speaker. Which causes serious echo issues for the user on the other end.
The phone is not on loud speaker, all updates are installed, and bought the phone 3 days back or so.
Is there any fix for this?

PinkFires
Rising Star I
I have at least three bugs that I would love to have squashed:
1) If you use Twin Apps, your gboard settings will get reset eventually (if you have a picture as your gboard background, or if you have any other preferences set, they will all be reset to default. This only does not happen if you're not using Twin Apps, making the usage of this useful feature extremely annoying).
2) Some games (Pokemon Go, Wild Rift, Arknights) will sometimes flash some static. It can be the full screen or just a tiny bar, but it's basically like an old TV with the static rain.
3) Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my wallpaper becomes darker than the original image, even if I set the phone's theme to light theme.

I can confirm some call issues as well, mostly now it's only a problem when using speaker phone, people can't hear me properly.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but during calls while using the internal speakers the bottom speaker is louder than the ear piece speaker. Which causes serious echo issues for the user on the other end.

The phone is not on loud speaker, all updates are installed, and bought the phone 3 days back or so.

View post
If its a normal voice call via your carrier then i would like to inform you that
1. Normal mode- Earpiece speaker only works.
2. Loudspeaker Mode- Both speakers work.
Yes during voice call we do have some echo problem while on loudspeaker which the recipient does complaint (to some extent)
Calls made through apps also have the same problem.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ChillyRide

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171155#Comment_171155

Well, thats not true! Dac in RP5 capable 32bit + float/384. It can be activated manually and outputed, logs show its playing 32pcm and pcm_float with no problems. The problem is non of players cant path through it in AUTO bitperfect mode. Only manuall selecting 32 or float when playing such hi-res files. Also it upscale 16 bit files to 24 in both players, uapp and neutron and downscale 32 to 24. Sounds like hard locked to 24bit. All settings done correctly. Technically no limits, limitations in code but in which one? System, audio players code or both? Contacting both players support to guide where is the problem.

View post
Maybe we should hire you instead of our audio engineers who has a long experience in this field 🙂
This DAC is also used in DACs that has nothing to do with Android and you're reading from the spec sheet from ESS. Just because their paper says it's possible, doesn't mean it's possible in our phone. Or that there's any point in doing it. If we were to trick it into outputting 32Bit 384 kHz with a special music player, then you would be super happy even though there's no audible difference. Right? You wouldn't know what we did, but just seeing those nice numbers would give you instant satisfaction.
I'd say it's better to focus on that this is the currently best sounding phone with an integrated 3.5mm audio jack. That's what matters.

PinkFires

I have at least three bugs that I would love to have squashed:

1) If you use Twin Apps, your gboard settings will get reset eventually (if you have a picture as your gboard background, or if you have any other preferences set, they will all be reset to default. This only does not happen if you're not using Twin Apps, making the usage of this useful feature extremely annoying).

2) Some games (Pokemon Go, Wild Rift, Arknights) will sometimes flash some static. It can be the full screen or just a tiny bar, but it's basically like an old TV with the static rain.

3) Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my wallpaper becomes darker than the original image, even if I set the phone's theme to light theme.

I can confirm some call issues as well, mostly now it's only a problem when using speaker phone, people can't hear me properly.

View post
We're working on this one
I haven't heard about this one. I will send you a PM with log instructions
I will ask you in a PM to send me a screenshot and original wallpaper image

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Anna-Kin

View post
We're already looking into an echo issue reported by some users