cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

camillo_sars
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170811#Comment_170811

We'll pass the link onwards , thanks!

From what we know - the main task that takes time is not to get the "settings" themselves - but rather validate them - even though operators provide their settings to us - during the validation process we still may need to tweak them together with the operator.

Every operator will be different - some work out of the box - some dont.

View post
To be honest, most flagship phones and operators support VoLTE and VoWifi out-of-the-box nowadays. Could you please speed up this process?
With the code posted earlier in this thread I could easily get this to work on Elisa in Finland, but the setting does not survive reboot.
Given that 3G networks are getting worse all the time, VoLTE and VoWifi really need to be supported from day 1. Not "someday, maybe"!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
camillo.sars

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171015#Comment_171015

To be honest, most flagship phones and operators support VoLTE and VoWifi out-of-the-box nowadays. Could you please speed up this process?

With the code posted earlier in this thread I could easily get this to work on Elisa in Finland, but the setting does not survive reboot.

Given that 3G networks are getting worse all the time, VoLTE and VoWifi really need to be supported from day 1. Not "someday, maybe"!

View post
We are validating with Elisa Finland. We need their help to speed up, not just our own.
The reason why you "easily could get it to work" in Finland, is because we already load our mbn for them - but without help and verification from the operator - we may not enable it.

Germans
Star III
Any plans to engage with UK operators? On my previous OnePlus Nord VoLTE/VoWiFI was working absolutely fine on 3 (UK).

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Germans

Any plans to engage with UK operators? On my previous OnePlus Nord VoLTE/VoWiFI was working absolutely fine on 3 (UK).

View post
Yes, there are already plans but the "end date" when validation can complete is not clear to us.

Sim1
Star III
Hello. I'm in Italy and the carrier is Vodafone, I'm not getting volte or vowifi, the device isn't in the list of supported phones on Vodafone.it. I was getting it on my old xiaomi.

I do get HD calls tho. Call quality is hit or miss, it's always good on my side, but sometimes I've been told they can't hear me well. I'd say 90% of the time is ok

Putting the code in the dialer don't do anything, wifi calls setting appears but I think it's something else.

Thanks