This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using DualShock 4 on Asus Rog Phone 5.

zerojin14
Rising Star I
Model Name: Asus rog phone 5 (no root)
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.47:
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
I know Android 11 has been having some trouble with bluetooth and it really bugs me that I can't use my dualshock 4 controller. I can't tell if something google needs to fix or Asus needs to fix.
The controller works at begining with no problems then about 30 secs later everything lags 😞 I know it's not my controller since it's fine on my older phone and my Galaxy tab 7+ (tablet) without issue.
I uploaded a small video, where you can see the phone in action.

19 REPLIES 19

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
I have seen the video. Android build version WW-18.0840.2104.47. Controller model CUH-ZTC2E, used wirelessly.

zerojin14
Rising Star I
wojtekmarchewka

I have seen the video. Android build version WW-18.0840.2104.47. Controller model CUH-ZTC2E, used wirelessly.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/YQM6OIWAA1EL/2021-06-13-18-26-41-2.mp4

View post
then it's more likely to be an android 11 problem then 😞
some has the problem.. while others have doesn't.. even with the same phone

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
I remembered having something like this on Rog 2 (Android 9) with an Ipega controller. But that wasn't always a random problem. When using DS4, is there anything else working for bluetooth? I had problems with Rog 2, with bluetooth when I had the Huawei Watch gt2 smartwatch connected. On Rog 5, I have not noticed such problems so far. Have you re-paired the DS4?

zerojin14
Rising Star I
wojtekmarchewka

I remembered having something like this on Rog 2 (Android 9) with an Ipega controller. But that wasn't always a random problem. When using DS4, is there anything else working for bluetooth? I had problems with Rog 2, with bluetooth when I had the Huawei Watch gt2 smartwatch connected. On Rog 5, I have not noticed such problems so far. Have you re-paired the DS4?

View post
beside dualshock 4.. I only have a pair of sony's wireless earphones and a JBL speaker, which works fine.
Yes re-paired, deleted from device, changed the name, reset wifi/bluetooth.. even tired different settings in dev mode 😞 doesn't help

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
I found this information
"You need to turn off wi-fi/bluetooth location scanning and that should fix it"s
settings / location / scanning Wifi & bluetooth