This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen in games when using discord.

SWIGGITY
Star II
So lately when i am talking over discord and having it run in the background it gives me random black screens. This only happens when i am playing games that rotate the screen.
Do not know if there is any fix for this. Have tried to turn off discord overlay and it still happens.

Device: Rog Phone 5 (new)
3 REPLIES 3

SWIGGITY
Star II
If there is any advice then please let me know. Apps are up to date aswell as the phone.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
SWIGGITY

So lately when i am talking over discord and having it run in the background it gives me random black screens. This only happens when i am playing games that rotate the screen.

Do not know if there is any fix for this. Have tried to turn off discord overlay and it still happens.

Device: Rog Phone 5 (new)

Black screen in games when using discord.
On ROG 2, there was a problem with Discord using headphone jack and/or screen sharing. Try without using headphones in the headphone jack or use USB-C headphones to see if the issue doesn't appear.
If it is the same, obviously it needs further investigation.
If it works, then there you have it 🙂 you will get asked for device logs by mods here.

SWIGGITY
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49327/black-screen-in-games-when-using-discord

On ROG 2, there was a problem with Discord using headphone jack and/or screen sharing. Try without using headphones in the headphone jack or use USB-C headphones to see if the issue doesn't appear.

If it is the same, obviously it needs further investigation.

If it works, then there you have it 🙂 you will get asked for device logs by mods here.

View post
Well just tried to test it out while not using the headphone jack nor screen sharing and it is still an issue ;-;.