This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook - Type A port to monitor

giorgos_sikos
Star I
My Asus Zenbook UM433DA doesn't support video output through type c port. I was wondering if the usb type a port can send video output to a monitor. I guess i would have to buy an hdmi to type a adapter, right?
Essentially , i want to use a docking station plugged to the type a port of my zenbook and connect my monitor to this docking station through the hdmi port it has. Would that work?
thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
giorgos.sikos

My Asus Zenbook UM433DA doesn't support video output through type c port. I was wondering if the usb type a port can send video output to a monitor. I guess i would have to buy an hdmi to type a adapter, right?

Essentially , i want to use a docking station plugged to the type a port of my zenbook and connect my monitor to this docking station through the hdmi port it has. Would that work?

thank you!

Asus Zenbook - Type A port to monitor
cannot guarantee for type C to HDMI convertor, But if your laptop has a separate HDMI port, then you can use HDMI cable to monitor.
Sorry i don't have your model laptop

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello giorgos,
I'm sorry that the Type A ports on your model do not support display export.
If you would like to connect a dock for external monitor, it may require a external graphic card.
Thank you.