Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: TUF gaming A15 FA506IU
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS: Windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:My built in webcam seems to have ceased to exist. Two weeks ago it worked fine but now it only shows "link to MyAsus shared cam." I have linked it and now the only way I can use a webcam is with my phone camera. I don't want to do that, I bought this laptop specifically so I could use the webcam. How do I re-enable my built in webcam?
14 REPLIES 14

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Please enter safe mode
[Windows 10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS GlobalAnd follow the SOP and use the uninstall tool in below file
ASCI 3.0.8.0 issue – Google Driveto uninstall ASUS System control interface 3.0.8.0 and install 3.0.9.0
Thank you so much.

DQ
Star I
jas.gothard
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: TUF gaming A15 FA506IU
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Constant
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:My built in webcam seems to have ceased to exist. Two weeks ago it worked fine but now it only shows "link to MyAsus shared cam." I have linked it and now the only way I can use a webcam is with my phone camera. I don't want to do that, I bought this laptop specifically so I could use the webcam. How do I re-enable my built in webcam?

Built in webcam no longer available?
I have a similar problem. My Zenbook Duo UX481F has a built in Camera. I bought this last April (2020) have been suing it almost daily with zoom, skype, MS teams etc. Yesterday afternoon the camera "disappeared", could no longer be turned on for login or in any of these Apps, and has been replaced by MyAsus. I have tried the usual device manager automated driver searches and troubleshooters but to no avail.
Does this mean I have just abandon having a laptop camera?

jas_gothard
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Dear all,

Please enter safe mode

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013018/

And follow the SOP and use the uninstall tool in below file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/137rymPCuzj0LXnYycDDEWPmLK_OkbG-y?usp=sharing

to uninstall ASUS System control interface 3.0.8.0 and install 3.0.9.0

Thank you so much.

View post
I tried using safe mode, every time I would try to make PowerShell work it would just say "The system cannot find the drive specified" and return to "PS C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\RemoveASCIandSharedCam>" no matter how many times i typed in ".\RemoveASCIandSharedCam.cmd". I then tried uninstalling MyAsus in normal mode not safe mode and after installing the newer version you linked it still did not work. MyAsus is not even listed in my programs any more but when I open my camera app it tells me to link to MyAsus sharedcam. I have the FA506 model, I see this every time I try to use anything with webcam access. I have attached my update history.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Please update ASUS System Control Interface driver to version V3.0.9.30
and MyASUS APP to version 3.0.11.0
Let me know if any.
Thank you.

jas_gothard
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Please update ASUS System Control Interface driver to version V3.0.9.30

and MyASUS APP to version 3.0.11.0

Let me know if any.

Thank you.

View post
Hi,
I have done this. Now when I open my camera app it says "we can't find your camera" with the error code 0xA00F4244