karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
karthikraina4043

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
  2. Firmware Version: ON Latest version
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION

screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

Battery Drain Issues
I can see on your screenshot that there is no reception in your area? Why? This could lead to increased battery usage since you have two SIM where the phone will run antennas at maximum to get a signal.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
image.png
Charged the phone till 94%, within 30 mins it dropped to 91% by playing music on earphones.
And the estimated duration is of only 13 Hours? This seems pretty low for a 6000mAh battery.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

image.png

Charged the phone till 94%, within 30 mins it dropped to 91% by playing music on earphones.

And the estimated duration is of only 13 Hours? This seems pretty low for a 6000mAh battery.

View post
The estimated duration might be showing wrong but the drainage that you mentioned,from what i can see in your screenshot seems to be normal.
Which battery mode are you using? And what is your screen refresh rate?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Anna-Kin

image.png

View post
When you charge above 80% the stats will be reset. So from 94 to 91% you used your screen for 21 minutes while listening to music over BT. How is this drain not normal? Here's a highly unscientific calculation for you but 21min divided with 3% = 7 minutes per 1%, which is 700 minutes for 100%. 700/60 = 11.5h SOT. The reality will ofc look entirely different, I'm just trying to make a point that the drain you see is normal

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170987#Comment_170987

When you charge above 80% the stats will be reset. So from 94 to 91% you used your screen for 21 minutes while listening to music over BT. How is this drain not normal? Here's a highly unscientific calculation for you but 21min divided with 3% = 7 minutes per 1%, which is 700 minutes for 100%. 700/60 = 11.5h SOT. The reality will ofc look entirely different, I'm just trying to make a point that the drain you see is normal

View post
@Reaperzwolf The battery mode is- Dynamic and the Refresh rate is Auto.
Got the point and thank you for the explanation @Anders_ASUS
It's just that I was expecting huge battery life improvements over my previous phone (OP 6T) as ROG has a 6000mAh battery.
Is approx 11.5 hrs of SOT average for Rog 5?
Here is a follow-up SS of the previous screenshot. And as you can see Duo just chugs up the charge.
image.png