lokesh_k0904
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Can we expect Android 12 or atleast zenui 8 as asus 6z is fully capable of these features. We will be grateful if you guys implement it. @Anders_ASUS
9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
lokesh.k0904

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Can we expect Android 12 or atleast zenui 8 as asus 6z is fully capable of these features. We will be grateful if you guys implement it. @Anders_ASUS

Android 12
This was same case with Zenfone 5z when Android 11 was released. we kept requesting and asking ASUS time to time with various threads as well as internal discussions, But they only kept answering that "Android 11 and Zenui 7 are still under evaluation for Zenfone 5z".
You will get the same response here. So please dont expect anymore future OS or UI updates. ASUS has policy of 2 years OS update and 6 months-1 year of bimonthly security patches for Zenfone flagships.
So, Now Zenfone 6/ASUS 6z will only receive few security patches and bug fixes bimonthly for 8 more months or 1 year.
Expectation hurts, Even Zenfone 5z as a flaghsip didn't Get a happy Goodbye it still has lots of bugs and outdated security patch with its latest march (last) fimware, But even after complaining several times ASUS have gave up for Zenfone 5z. So now no more expectations is the only solution. And we as users are left really sad.
Thanks!

email2sachinn
Star III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49043/android-12

This was same case with Zenfone 5z when Android 11 was released. we kept requesting and asking ASUS time to time with various threads as well as internal discussions, But they only kept answering that "Android 11 and Zenui 7 are still under evaluation for Zenfone 5z".

You will get the same response here. So please dont expect anymore future OS or UI updates. ASUS has policy of 2 years OS update and 6 months-1 year of bimonthly security patches for Zenfone flagships.

So, Now Zenfone 6/ASUS 6z will only receive few security patches and bug fixes bimonthly for 8 more months or 1 year.

Expectation hurts, Even Zenfone 5z as a flaghsip didn't Get a happy Goodbye it still has lots of bugs and outdated security patch with its latest march (last) fimware, But even after complaining several times ASUS have gave up for Zenfone 5z. So now no more expectations is the only solution. And we as users are left really sad.

Thanks!

View post
That is why companies like Asus not succeed like samsung,OnePlus,apple & Xiaomi....even I m having Samsung Galaxy S9 a 4 yrs old samsung phone with Android 11 updated...this is the reason this compines on top and asus is a big failure..this was my last phone of Asus in future I will never buy asus phone.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
email2sachinn

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170065#Comment_170065

That is why companies like Asus not succeed like samsung,OnePlus,apple & Xiaomi....even I m having Samsung Galaxy S9 a 4 yrs old samsung phone with Android 11 updated...this is the reason this compines on top and asus is a big failure..this was my last phone of Asus in future I will never buy asus phone.

View post
As much as I want Zenfone flagships to get 3 os upgrades reading such ignorant comments hurts
Point 1 Samsung 3 os policy only applies to S10 and above,S9 and past phones "will only" get 2 os updates.Android 10 was the last major os version for samsung S9 idk where you saw it got android 11 😂
And remember samsung upto 2020 only had 2 os versions + 2-3 yrs patches policy it's not that they weren't a market leader with millions of sales when they provided 2 os versions lol ( pixels have been providing 3 os versions way longer than samsung)
Samsung S9 was a very successful model but it was excluded from 3 os version plan by samsung
(By the way Samsung too had issues with S10 with A11)
* The more a device sells the better supports it gets from an manufacturer and let me tell know Zenfone sales are nowhere close to any samsung phone globally
Plus lastly have you seen the prices of samsung flagships? 1000$/€/70-80k inr for shitty exynos and bloated af one ui (ads in first party apps for even flagships like S20/S21)
You mention Xiaomi and OnePlus
Xiaomi doesn't even have a 3 os policy and they don't follow traditional android policy their latest miui version isn't necessarily based on the lates available android version,they took like more than a year and a half after android 10 came to add A10 gestures settings
Plus everyone knows about miui's ads/bloat and tracking in their ui,Plus their phones have only one thing going for it is cost effective pricing mostly but that comes with it's share of cons
Now coming to OnePlus yes they have a 3 os policy but let's have an reality check
Android 11 for OnePlus 7 series was a broken af (they had to recall the update 3 times due to experience breaking major bugs) and this was the second os upgrade for OnePlus 7 series
OnePlus 7, 7T series plagued with problems after Android 11 update(Source: Geekyranjit)
Coming to OnePlus 6 which "is supposed to get" android 11 as it's 3rd android upgrade
screenshot-20210611-123949350-281-29.jpg
(Source: Official OnePlus FAQ)

And this is reportedly for their China based H2OS devices which means even later for global Oxygen Os
And it's an "beta" which can be delayed further stable won't happen till Q1-Q2 2022 by then most of their users would've moved on to new devices (many users use an flagship device for 2-2.5yrs max 3.5 ik this doesn't apply to everyone but in general use case)
Then coming to the "stability" part everyone knows how OnePlus has been at software lately bricking phones left and right with their firmware versions every few weeks and their major os versions are a disaster mostly
Android 10 for OnePlus 6 was rolled out and recalled a couple of times due to bugs
OnePlus 5's android 10 upgrade broke EIS which they took 5 months to fix (basically the phone was without any fixes for those 5 months) everyone knows that a phone needs new otas asap after a major os version to solve the bugs
In OnePlus's case 3rd os version is crappy
Only OEM which can deliver on this front is Pixel which have their own cons btw
Apple and iOS is a different matter altogether and you pay a premium for that support

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Asus right now gives you an hardware+software combination according to your liking at a lower price than the competition
Just see this year's Rog 5 and Zenfone 8 they offer so much more at a lower price than the OnePlus 9 which has so many drawbacks
And no bloat is another plus many ui's like oxygen os and samsung promote their own services/apps
Red cable club on OnePlus is pinned in settings and their game manager displays pop ups
Samsung has a ton of their own apps pre-installed and their first party apps show ads
You can literally check "personalised ads" option on one ui smh