This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issues Asus ZenFone 8

snake316_zk
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help: Phone heats up very quickly when using for light tasks ie Browing web pages, reading messages on what's app etc
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: 30.11.51.60
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: whenever in use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
First time buyer for Asus, well in mobile market any way. I feel like crying because why Asus would you make possibly what could of been the best phone in the market and just throw it away. Was anticipating release of this handset and my gosh how disappointed I am. Phone becomes abnormally hot from normal use and my word, when charging don't even ask. Put it this way, I can't hold the top half of phone for more than few mins before feeling like I will have burn marks on my fingers. With big regret will be sending this phone back tomorrow, such a wasted opportunity. First impressions not great
========================================

27 REPLIES 27

Roystoys
Zen Master III
snake316.zk

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help: Phone heats up very quickly when using for light tasks ie Browing web pages, reading messages on what's app etc

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8
  2. Firmware Version: 30.11.51.60
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: whenever in use
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

First time buyer for Asus, well in mobile market any way. I feel like crying because why Asus would you make possibly what could of been the best phone in the market and just throw it away. Was anticipating release of this handset and my gosh how disappointed I am. Phone becomes abnormally hot from normal use and my word, when charging don't even ask. Put it this way, I can't hold the top half of phone for more than few mins before feeling like I will have burn marks on my fingers. With big regret will be sending this phone back tomorrow, such a wasted opportunity. First impressions not great

There is something wrong with your device,I don't believe anyone else has reported this problem

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
snake316.zk

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8
  2. Firmware Version: 30.11.51.60
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: whenever in use
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

Does this also happen in Dynamic power Mode? (Settings -> Battery -> System modes)

Alex_s
Rising Star I
It has also happened to me several times that the device gets warm for no reason. 
Yesterday, it got warm by itself in my pocket. I guess that always happens when the reception is weak.

javieralreves
Star III
I have the same problem. Got mine yesterday and it overheats on the top half of the device while charging. At least the charging is relatively fast so it's only at that temperatures for less than an hour, but the rest of the day is also very hot and that causes the battery to drain insanely fast