This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy Zenfone 8 series smartphone or not(Request reply from people who have bought Zenfone 8)

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Hello everyone
I have zenfone 5z but I am planning to buy new smartphone.
So would like to know and request reply from all people in this forum who have experienced or bought zenfone 8 or 8 flip
My expectation is:-
smooth performance and clean OS without any ads.
good Amoled display with good refresh rate
headphone jack most likely
good audio quality
Good camera with decent night photography capabilities.
a full day battery life
lastly, durable build
So, does it stand in all those departments or should I buy some other smartphone like Rog 5 or samsung, oneplus etc
Kindly reply and suggest
19 REPLIES 19

Chris1
Rising Star II
My first charge was yesterday 17h30 (limited to 80%).
From then (17h ago) i had numerous app updates, settings, 3,5h screen on time, and my battery level is 36%.
Discharge curve is nearly flat when screen is off.
Mobile only, with very good coverage (tower is 200m away).

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Chris1

My first charge was yesterday 17h30 (limited to 80%).

From then (17h ago) i had numerous app updates, settings, 3,5h screen on time, and my battery level is 36%.

Discharge curve is nearly flat when screen is off.

Mobile only, with very good coverage (tower is 200m away).

View post
That's looks good
How is the camera? Any bugs or heating issue observed

Chris1
Rising Star II
Didn't try camera for the moment, sorry.
Heating was quite limited during initial setup, updates, nothing annoying.

barrettgoat
Star II
abhineet150

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170591#Comment_170591

Great

So apart from the audio 3.5 mm jack.

Rest all got a good green ticks.

I am really considering all the suggestions given here and it helps me to make a buying decision.

Mostly what I could see are all good feedback.

In case if there are a thing which is negative,kindly let me know.

I have heard the device heats up a lot?Is it heating during normal usage like browsing web, listening to songs,taking some shots or video recording from camera etc.

View post
Regarding the heating up - it did heat up a couple times in one specific application, Flamingo for Twitter, when I recursively opened user profiles from other users' pages thus keeping all the pages (around 10 picture feeds layered one on top of another) in the background. Even then it was barely warmer than my previous Pixel 3 during a similar workload.
That said, the phone lets you manually select how much it's supposed to heat up before throttling the CPU, you can pick low heat output and not experience it as much. I'm keeping mine at medium.

abhineet150
Rising Star I
barrettgoat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170631#Comment_170631

Regarding the heating up - it did heat up a couple times in one specific application, Flamingo for Twitter, when I recursively opened user profiles from other users' pages thus keeping all the pages (around 10 picture feeds layered one on top of another) in the background. Even then it was barely warmer than my previous Pixel 3 during a similar workload.

That said, the phone lets you manually select how much it's supposed to heat up before throttling the CPU, you can pick low heat output and not experience it as much. I'm keeping mine at medium.

View post
Last but not the least

How are photo shot from zenfone 8 camera stands up to.
Is it able to capture good photo with nad without human subject and also is night photography good.

Please do reply once you see my message