All mic audio low in apps after latest patch 2021-⁰⁵

craigj172
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.21205.90
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera stock app, WhatsApp and all apps that use the mic, phone calls are fine.
This is an issue with all apps that use the phones mic, all volume is very low to the point you can almost not hear anything at all.
screenshot-20210609-205945411.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
craigj172

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.21205.90
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: constant
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera stock app, WhatsApp and all apps that use the mic, phone calls are fine.

This is an issue with all apps that use the phones mic, all volume is very low to the point you can almost not hear anything at all.

screenshot-20210609-205945411.jpg

All mic audio low in apps after latest patch 2021-⁰⁵
Hmm, I just tried using WhatsApp call and they are all fine.
Are you playing games while you're on the call?

craigj172
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49236/all-mic-audio-low-in-apps-after-latest-patch-2021-%E2%8...

Hmm, I just tried using WhatsApp call and they are all fine.

Are you playing games while you're on the call?

View post
No not playing anything, this is even if I try to record a video there is almost no audio volume, I have restarted my phone and still same, it worked fine before the update now all app mic audio is low, phone calls are fine just if any app tries to use the mic.

Vamp
Zen Master I
craigj172

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170799#Comment_170799

No not playing anything, this is even if I try to record a video there is almost no audio volume, I have restarted my phone and still same, it worked fine before the update now all app mic audio is low, phone calls are fine just if any app tries to use the mic.

View post
Open calculator then type .12345+=
Go to single test then test mics.
If volume is still low, then try safe mode by pressing and holding power button and pressing and holding power off option until boot into safe mode promt appears, press ok and switch on the mobile. If the issue still persists contact service center.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
craigj172

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170799#Comment_170799

View post
In addition to vamp.
To exit safe mode just restart your device. Also before visiting service centre you can try factory data reset once. Most of the times there are third party apps which trigger bugs to new firmware.
Even after factory data reset probelm is not solved than please take ur device to service center.
Note :- During factory data reset please dont forget to backup your important data.
Thanks!