This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any battery life improvements?

rodionmonin
Star II
Are there going to be any battery life improvements?
For now the battery life is very disappointing. I want to believe it's a software issue, but damn. I really like everything about this phone except it's power consumption. Before buying I kinda hoped that managing CPU and GPU performance might solve the issue, but so far it's no different from the Dynamic mode.
During the day the max I can juice out of the phone is 4.5-5 hours of screen on time. And it's from 100 percent to 0. Nothing to write home about at all.
Today it was 2.5 hours from 80 to 12 percent on 90hz refresh rate.
screenshot-20210610-011838432.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Roystoys
Zen Master III
rodionmonin

Are there going to be any battery life improvements?

For now the battery life is very disappointing. I want to believe it's a software issue, but damn. I really like everything about this phone except it's power consumption. Before buying I kinda hoped that managing CPU and GPU performance might solve the issue, but so far it's no different from the Dynamic mode.

During the day the max I can juice out of the phone is 4.5-5 hours of screen on time. And it's from 100 percent to 0. Nothing to write home about at all.

Today it was 2.5 hours from 80 to 12 percent on 90hz refresh rate.

screenshot-20210610-011838432.jpg

Any battery life improvements?
Asus phones are hungry on power ( traditionally) but your numbers don't sound right. Have you optimised everything you can?

pipsss81
Rising Star I
What can be optimized by him? He was not running performance mode. He only used 1,5h Youtube, 1h Crome and listening music for 1,5h. All toghether 2h38min screen time and 13,5h off screen and it used almost 70%.

Pukasus
Star II
Think a clean install, will be a good try. Here I'm running 120hz, 5G and on dynamic mode. I get around 4:30 sot

rodionmonin
Star II
pipsss81

What can be optimized by him? He was not running performance mode. He only used 1,5h Youtube, 1h Crome and listening music for 1,5h. All toghether 2h38min screen time and 13,5h off screen and it used almost 70%.

View post
I don't get why would we need Advanced mode where, theoretically, we can tweak it the way we want for our own profit. In reality if you set everything to minimum - it acts worse than Dynamic mode.
And also, limiting your charging capacity is such a joke. Yes, I want to run this phone for about 3 years. And treating your battery right is a great idea. But, man you must be a true ascetic if you charge your battery to 80% and get it through the day easily.
I'm still hopeful though. This device was just launched and we don't live in a dream world where everything is perfect initially.
❤️