System: Windows 10.0.19043
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zephyrus G GU502DU
Frequency of occurrence: Whenever attempting to play games
Reset OS: Refreshed Windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Beginning a few weeks ago, there is a massive stuttering occurring about every 15 seconds to 1 minute only while playing games. Whilst I am not sure exactly when it began occurring, I am sure that there were no major driver or BIOS updates that coincided with the problem manifesting. I attempted to do a refresh install of Windows 10, as well as recovering to a previous version; however, neither of those worked.
These stutters usually appear like a massive FPS drop / freezing and last from 0.5 - 3 seconds. And using Afterburner, I was able to see that during that time there is a very brief spike massive spike in CPU usage as well as a massive drop in the clock speed from 3900 MHz to 400 MHz. The power usage for the CPU also drops to about a 10th of its normal wattage, and the GPU power usage being halved during this time as well.
ALSO since this problem began, I have noticed that Armoury Crate has not displayed the CPU temperature nor voltage, which is a problem specific to the program.
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ffhagan
  1. System: Windows 10.0.19043
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Zephyrus G GU502DU
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Whenever attempting to play games
  5. Reset OS: Refreshed Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Beginning a few weeks ago, there is a massive stuttering occurring about every 15 seconds to 1 minute only while playing games. Whilst I am not sure exactly when it began occurring, I am sure that there were no major driver or BIOS updates that coincided with the problem manifesting. I attempted to do a refresh install of Windows 10, as well as recovering to a previous version; however, neither of those worked.

These stutters usually appear like a massive FPS drop / freezing and last from 0.5 - 3 seconds. And using Afterburner, I was able to see that during that time there is a very brief spike massive spike in CPU usage as well as a massive drop in the clock speed from 3900 MHz to 400 MHz. The power usage for the CPU also drops to about a 10th of its normal wattage, and the GPU power usage being halved during this time as well.

ALSO since this problem began, I have noticed that Armoury Crate has not displayed the CPU temperature nor voltage, which is a problem specific to the program.

Constant Stuttering During Games
"While playing some heavy games with high graphics density, we will get the same issues for few users.
for this issue, try to adjust graphics settings and advanced settings in-game settings.
always enable high-performance power mode and connect ac adapter before playing games.
disable all antivirus software including firewall software.
Add game executable files in dedicated graphics settings

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
May I know the BIOS and Armoury Crate version on your device?
And which mode did you set the device to in Armoury Crate? Does the issue happen if you switch to another mode?
Thank you.

danielbarwell11
Star II
that's horrible