System: Windows 10
Battery or AC:
Model: UX481FA-HJ064T
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

As I wrote in this post https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41651/screenpad-plus-spotify-issue, I can't have access to control buttons on spotify when I put it on the screenpad plus. Back then, I could at least see those in full screen but now (after several screnpad plus updates) I don't anymore. What's the point of this screenpad if you have to put your apps full screen to be able to use those. I can't believe this laptop I bought 1700€ got such issues.
I hope it will be fixed very soon. All my friends looking at my laptot "That second screen is so cool" and me "yeah it's not that great, especially at this price".
Very disappointed by my purchase. Go back to HP or Lenovo next time.
9 REPLIES 9

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Yes this is definitely a spotify issue. You should report the issue there as many of us have

selim9102
Star I
potatosubwoofer

Yes this is definitely a spotify issue. You should report the issue there as many of us have

View post
How is this a spotify issue? I dont get it. Do they HAVE to adapt to every new features from asus?

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
selim9102

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169432#Comment_169432

How is this a spotify issue? I dont get it. Do they HAVE to adapt to every new features from asus?

View post
As far as I understand it has to do with the spotify window not following Windows' window management standards. So because the Screenpad+ has only 515 pixels in height the window doesn't scale properly. You will also see that the Spotify minimum window size is larger than a third of the width of the screen, whereas if you drag other apps to that width/size they resize just fine.

Vfla1981
Star I
I've been facing the same issue at my laptop (UX434FAC). The app always works well, at the 1000x500 resolution. Since the last update, i'm not able to access, at the screenpad 2.0, the music controls (play/pause...). It's very disappointing, since one of the gadget's top uses, in my opinion, is the spotify interface!
How to solve it?

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
They should develop a scrollable desktop on the screenpad+ so larger apps and long right-click menus can be accessed natively. @Blake_ASUS could you recommend this to the devs?