This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy Zenfone 8 series smartphone or not(Request reply from people who have bought Zenfone 8)

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Hello everyone
I have zenfone 5z but I am planning to buy new smartphone.
So would like to know and request reply from all people in this forum who have experienced or bought zenfone 8 or 8 flip
My expectation is:-
smooth performance and clean OS without any ads.
good Amoled display with good refresh rate
headphone jack most likely
good audio quality
Good camera with decent night photography capabilities.
a full day battery life
lastly, durable build
So, does it stand in all those departments or should I buy some other smartphone like Rog 5 or samsung, oneplus etc
Kindly reply and suggest
19 REPLIES 19

abhineet150
Rising Star I
barrettgoat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49179/should-i-buy-zenfone-8-series-smartphone-or-not-request...

1. Asus' Android takes the first place in my book dethroning the previous king, OxygenOS. It's blazing fast, smooth, has fully stock appearance, and a bunch of additional settings, most of them actually highly useful.

2. The display isn't better or worse than that on a Galaxy A5 2017 and Pixel 3 that I owned previously, but it also gets really bright if you need it.

3. Headphone jack is there.

4. Nice audio quality out of the loudspeakers, and it's stereo thanks to the amplified earpiece, also extremely loud with maxed out volume, but unfortunately the headphone jack quality is noticeably inferior to my Hidizs AP80 hi-fi player when compared using KOSS KSC75 earphones and a mix of hi-fi and master quality tracks from Tidal.

5. The camera isn't worse than that on the Pixel 3 when it comes to still images, but the video mode absolutely blew my mind with its incredible quality.

6. I charge it every two days with a charge limit set to 90%, but I'm not a power user - I just use it for texting, emails, Twitter, occasional browsing and AI Dungeon.

7. The build rivals the best players in the market, it's a solid monolithic brick, the aluminium frame feels like it's made of 7000 series aluminium, side buttons are nice and have a distinct crisp click to them.

Bonus points for a notification LED and a programmable power button.

It's a solid device made to satisfy a picky enthusiast, and it's very easy to recommend in good conscience.

View post
Great
So apart from the audio 3.5 mm jack.
Rest all got a good green ticks.
I am really considering all the suggestions given here and it helps me to make a buying decision.

Mostly what I could see are all good feedback.

In case if there are a thing which is negative,kindly let me know.

I have heard the device heats up a lot?Is it heating during normal usage like browsing web, listening to songs,taking some shots or video recording from camera etc.

Timo_Vos
Rising Star I
I cannot make it 2 days with battery. One day is hard (between 2 / 3 hours sot). Screen 60hz. Mostly wifi.
I really hope this improves with future updates.

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Timo Vos

I cannot make it 2 days with battery. One day is hard (between 2 / 3 hours sot). Screen 60hz. Mostly wifi.

I really hope this improves with future updates.

View post
is your usage too much with phone
Or is there an issue/bug?Has Asus acknowledged it
kindly reply

because most others who have replied are getting 2 days

Germans
Star III
I'm not getting 2 days of use. I'm light user, mostly browsing and reading news.

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Germans

I'm not getting 2 days of use. I'm light user, mostly browsing and reading news.

View post
Hi German
Thanks for your feedback and reply
Is there a bug for battery life been not up to mark
Has Asus acknowledged it?