This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket ghost touches

vavriska
Star III
I'm getting horrible amount of ghost touches while I have my phone in the pocket. Glove mode is off and pocket mode is on. But the sensitivity of proximity sensor is very poor. It detects objects only a few millimeters away from screen.
Is there something that can be done about it? I have newer had this kind of problems. Coming from Galaxy S21 and LG G8s.
Thank you
38 REPLIES 38

moilanen88
Star II
Same issue here with pocket mode on 😞 haven't tried without it tho.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi
Try it first without pocket mode. We still use a built in rejection mechanism with "pocket mode" off.
Perhaps it is better - we're also looking at the sensitivity and implementation logic on pocket mode.

Thanks!

poke_ike3
Star III
From what i've noticed, the sensor does not react as it should (disable tap2wake/fingerprint) when it is obstructed by clothes (textiles). Even with thicker ones.
If you put your hand on it, it kind of works properly (works every time, but range is very low).
Same behavior with both pocket mode on or off, so i don't think pocket mode is the issue. More like sensor.

Molitro
Star III
CH_ASUS

Hi

Try it first without pocket mode. We still use a built in rejection mechanism with "pocket mode" off.

Perhaps it is better - we're also looking at the sensitivity and implementation logic on pocket mode.

Thanks!

View post
I tried that, and sure enough it seems that pocket mode "off" works better for avoiding ghost touches.

jfgt7j8qgx
Rising Star II
pocket mode is not useful