This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of cases for Zenfone 8

DocR
Star II
Zenfone 8 has attracted limited amount of case suppliers, almost none out there.
Anyone found an aramid case or thin cases?
24 REPLIES 24

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Generally case makers make cases for popular phones
Rhinoshield is one of the only bigger ones which have cases for Zenfones and Rog as Asus officially partners with them
So about Zenfone 8 depends how many big case makers get interested, Zenfone 8 popularity and market reception is higher than the recent previous gen models tho so hopefully it gets better treatment by aftermarket accessory sellers

Aryan202
Community Legend I
DocR

Rhinoshield is way to thick, looking for thin cases that don't add to much bulk

View post
Yeah it's thick that case is primarily made for protection and sustaining impacts shocks

Aryan202
Community Legend I
erik.paladin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170488#Comment_170488

This. The phone by itself is chunky, it's ok with the included case, but with the rhinoshiled, it's just a bit too thick, bit nothing unusable.

I would be happy if Spigen made a case, but they say they don't have any plans for zenfone 8.

View post
Kinda amusing that you mention chunky tho lol,I mean Zenfone 8 weighs around 170gms and for the specs it carries that's on the lower side
Now imagine Rog phone owners with 240gm phones + 30-40 gm cases 😅

Chris1
Rising Star II
DocR

Rhinoshield is way to thick, looking for thin cases that don't add to much bulk

View post
Ahem. I come from a Galaxy note 9 with Tech21 case, and i can tell you the bulkiest 😂

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170489#Comment_170489

Kinda amusing that you mention chunky tho lol,I mean Zenfone 8 weighs around 170gms and for the specs it carries that's on the lower side

Now imagine Rog phone owners with 240gm phones + 30-40 gm cases 😅

View post
I think that in my case "chunky" refers to the size of the bezel+case edges when in the rhinoshield. But i guess that's what you get with current smartphone design. I don't mind the weight.