Problem with overlapping audio

anand_gautam
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2104.124
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time I exist any video file midway
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any 3rd party app which plays a video, that includes ads.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The problem is every time I exist any video file midway it continues to play in the background even if I switch of the screen and it stops only after the whole clip has played. And nothing I do has any effect on the audio, it just keeps playing.
4 REPLIES 4

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
anand.gautam

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0410.2104.124
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time I exist any video file midway
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any 3rd party app which plays a video, that includes ads.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The problem is every time I exist any video file midway it continues to play in the background even if I switch of the screen and it stops only after the whole clip has played. And nothing I do has any effect on the audio, it just keeps playing.

Problem with overlapping audio
Check after you restart your device once first.
Then Just try to clear cache and storage of Asus launcher and check again
Settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > Asus Launcher > storage > clear cache/ storage/ force stop. Now you can check again.
Also you can check this issue in safe mode for confirmation.
Press and hold power key for few seconds you will see option to shut down, restart etc. Just tap and hold on shut down for few seconds system will ask you to entre safe mode. See if problem is same there.
To exit safe mode just restart your device.
Please try to specify names of those apps where you are seeing this issue. And i recommend you to trun off display over other apps for that particular apps in which you are facing issue.
What happens when you clear all apps from recent tab? Does it still keep playing in background??
Thanks!

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anand.gautam,
Have you tried the above steps mentioned?

anand_gautam
Star I
Hey @ARP_ASUS
The problem was still there even after closing all the recent apps but I used the above method by @AmitGarde and it helped, thank you so much Amit 😊

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
anand.gautam

Hey @ARP_ASUS

The problem was still there even after closing all the recent apps but I used the above method by @AmitGarde and it helped, thank you so much Amit 😊

View post
I am Glad that i was able to help you 🙂
Cheers.
Happy Gaming! Stay safe.