Star I
System: Wi-fi 6
Battery or AC: AC
Model: zen XT8
Frequency of occurrence: every 20mins
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
my twin XT8’s have been working fine with a core and a guest network at 2.4 and 5GHz. But now (without any user config changes) the guest network has stopped previously connected devices from joining.

the only way to overcome this issue is to disable the guest network and then re-enable. Once done connected devices rejoin automatically. This state last for about 20mins before “unable to join home guest” appears (iPhone, iPad, Xbox)...

the time settings are set to unlimited so it’s not a time problem. This seems to have started happening since the last software update.

any ideas other than the asus Firmware update has caused the issue. As I said it was working fine since Oct 20 and there have been no user config changes
stu
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
stuslowther
  1. System: Wi-fi 6
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: zen XT8
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every 20mins
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

my twin XT8’s have been working fine with a core and a guest network at 2.4 and 5GHz. But now (without any user config changes) the guest network has stopped previously connected devices from joining.

the only way to overcome this issue is to disable the guest network and then re-enable. Once done connected devices rejoin automatically. This state last for about 20mins before “unable to join home guest” appears (iPhone, iPad, Xbox)...

the time settings are set to unlimited so it’s not a time problem. This seems to have started happening since the last software update.

any ideas other than the asus Firmware update has caused the issue. As I said it was working fine since Oct 20 and there have been no user config changes

stu

XT8 guest network has started timing out
I don't have your modem, but did you logged in to the modem or router, and checked each configuration? Did you found any changes?
If possible read the user manual for troubleshooting steps
if possible restore previously backed up user configurations from disk to modem.
If possible, reset modem settings to default and then reconfigure internet settings and wifi settings according to your preference.

I have exactly the same issue with guest network timing out and it started after I updated the latest firmware, it was all fine before, never any issue. I use the XT8 as a stand alone router without MESH and I have not made any change to the configuration. I have spent quite some time on reading manual, blog postings etc with no success.