fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
so I've been runnning last 34days and almost 20hours (device uptime) without a single reboot and notifications were working ok, the only minor issue was that slight delay sometimes which I mentioned in the previous post
today I rebooted my device after the new update installed and then I only received one notifications and guess what, it happened again exactly as I described, I noticed that about 20mins later that I received the email on my PC but phone didn't show me a thing untill I opened my second email app (Email.cz) so I had to reboot again and hope that notifications will work
this is so frustrating!! it was a 1000USD phone at the time I bought it and I don't often get notifications from apps I heavy rely on, security patch is two months old at best, camera can't switch lenses in 3rd party apps in front mode, VoLTE doesn't work and I could continue naming other issues, come on, that was a premium price so one would expect premium device and care, it's such a shame...I own this device for more than half of the year and all of these issues were there for me since the beginning and are still present, that is not right
if I hadn't dropped my phone (there are dents in the frame) I'd have sold it already and returned back to OnePlus or tried Samsung
this phone has such potential but you're literally killing it, ASUS

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
and I found out again that I am not receiving notifications so another reboot...

Roystoys
Zen Master III
martin.stavinoha87

so I've been runnning last 34days and almost 20hours (device uptime) without a single reboot and notifications were working ok, the only minor issue was that slight delay sometimes which I mentioned in the previous post

today I rebooted my device after the new update installed and then I only received one notifications and guess what, it happened again exactly as I described, I noticed that about 20mins later that I received the email on my PC but phone didn't show me a thing untill I opened my second email app (Email.cz) so I had to reboot again and hope that notifications will work

this is so frustrating!! it was a 1000USD phone at the time I bought it and I don't often get notifications from apps I heavy rely on, security patch is two months old at best, camera can't switch lenses in 3rd party apps in front mode, VoLTE doesn't work and I could continue naming other issues, come on, that was a premium price so one would expect premium device and care, it's such a shame...I own this device for more than half of the year and all of these issues were there for me since the beginning and are still present, that is not right

if I hadn't dropped my phone (there are dents in the frame) I'd have sold it already and returned back to OnePlus or tried Samsung

this phone has such potential but you're literally killing it, ASUS

View post
Welcome to zenfones !
They are a love/ hate relationship 💘
But let's face it, aren't all phones ??

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
just to let you know how frustrating it really is...I had to reboot the device again as I found out that for some time I wasn't getting the notifications

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
it seems that notifications from affected apps work only like 30mins or so after I reboot and then it stops working 😞 I'll do another reboot even though I've just rebooted the device...it's gonna be maybe 6th reboot today