This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX3410A fan is always on at 5000+ RPM

s_g_parvanian
Star I
After some updade my UX3410A fan became always on at maximal performance even CPU temp is lower 30 degrees C
it starts from power on, even when I enter UEFI screen, fan is 5000 rpm
I've updated BIOS from ASUS of.site and made a factory reset, but nothing changed
Interestingly, the bios files from ASUS of.site are named UX410UARASxxx
please, help me to get the fan back to control!
23 REPLIES 23

s_g_parvanian
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170215#Comment_170215

did you resetted bios settings to default settings, after updating of bios firmware?

So now go to bios, do reset bios , save and exit. power off .wait for 2 minutes, then go to bios, adjust settings as you like save and exit, boot windows as normal.

View post
Yeap, I did so several times but now i'll try once more

s_g_parvanian
Star I
No, nothing changes
The fan stays at full speed

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
s.g.parvanian

No, nothing changes

The fan stays at full speed

View post
then you may to take your laptop to nearest Asus service center and get checked from technician.

s_g_parvanian
Star I
I've found same problem with Asus laptops descripted on Reddit
The starting point was turning the laptop on unplugged after being charged overnight. Fan stays on max speed whatever you do, while CPU usage and temp are low
in one case it was solved after '"full shutdown", whatever in means. I used to empty my laptop battery and leave unplugged overnight, I also used long-press power button off. No effect.
in other case this porblem was solved after disassembly for CMOS reset purpose, but the thing that helped was checking the cabels, in particular - the monitor connection cable.
Im still not ready to disassembly my laptop. will keep looking for a cure

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
s.g.parvanian

I've found same problem with Asus laptops descripted on Reddit

The starting point was turning the laptop on unplugged after being charged overnight. Fan stays on max speed whatever you do, while CPU usage and temp are low

in one case it was solved after '"full shutdown", whatever in means. I used to empty my laptop battery and leave unplugged overnight, I also used long-press power button off. No effect.

in other case this porblem was solved after disassembly for CMOS reset purpose, but the thing that helped was checking the cabels, in particular - the monitor connection cable.

Im still not ready to disassembly my laptop. will keep looking for a cure

View post
your laptop model and my laptop model are much different, but both laptops are using intel processor only
here is my laptop fan screenshot
img20210607135312.jpg

What's the correct model number of your laptop, you should see in BIOS only.
my laptop model is R542UQ-DM153 written on BOX , but under BIOS model number is X542UQ