krnapj
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog -5
Firmware Version: everything updated to latest version
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:quite frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I bought rog 5 , after reading about its specs , but it does not give stable fps in pubg , from 60-30 sometimes 7 even 1 . What kind of gaming phone is this if it's fps drops below 30 even at 36 c temp. ?
I shifted from iphone xr to this rog 5, worst mistake of my life .
Driving a vehicle is also not smooth even at 60 fps , it is not smooth at all.
Aerocooler 5 is also just a waste of money , it lowers the temp by only 3 degrees and you guys advertised that it lowers the temp by 10-15 degrees, what a scam .
And if I plug in my hyper x headphones on the phones 3.5 mm jack , my teammates cannot hear me ( ofcourse, when I am not using the aerocooler) but when I plug it into the aerocooler 3.5 mm jack , they can hear me fine , what is that about ?
Also , I don't know if you can notice / understand it or not , but while firing the corsair automatically kind of jumps upward and leftward , I have attached a video of it , it does not happen every time but happens very frequently so you can't ignore it .
So many problems , if you cannot fix these things I might have to go back to my iphone XR n I will never buy android for life .
========================================

26 REPLIES 26

krnapj
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170071#Comment_170071

Comparing an ipad with a phone is plain stupid. Then Ill go further and say, oh ipad? it sucks compared to my 13" gaming notebook, see how it can then go on to desktop debate again? The ipad is a weird device to begin with, I don't see any reasons for its existance as its to large to be considered portable, so buying a gaming notebook would make much more sense or something like a surface book 3 instead of an M1 Ipad.

Overall the Iphones are "ok", but they are inferior to good gaming phones, it has been tested that phones like the black shark simply have competitive advantages over the Iphone, not only higher refreshrate, lower input latency, physical buttons but also sound improvements making you hear steps easier and so on.

As for your claim that Ipad with M1 chip has unmatchable performance, depending on game it's simply untrue, since games are capped at 60fps for the most part. For instance I would never be able to play CODmobile at 120FPS on the Ipad, while on my Rog3 I happily play on 120FPS.

While you can compare the phone to an Iphone, don't compare it to the Ipad, as it's simply a different device altogether.

View post
That is your personal view that it's not portable or weird, but everyone is using it , by the time you grow up you ll see alot of architects or spl. Medical students use iPad to take notes n they take the 12.9 inch iPad everywhere they go .
P.s : I am one of them .

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
You're one of the clueless users so let me clue you in.
Just because you have a 120hz screen, doesn't mean the game will run at 120FPS. They are both not related to each other at all, genshin impact is capped at 60fps, no matter the platform, it doesn't matter if its android, IOS, PC, Playstation or whatever else they ported the game on, it's always 60fps unless you modify the game engine.
Also Genshin impact is an extremely lightweight game as far as gaming notebooks and PC's are concerned. To illustrate how low the requirements are on maxed settings my graphicscard only utilizes around 15% of its performance. If i push the resolution to 4k with graphics mods and ray tracing it will hit around 50% only. I don't know where your weird idea of gaming notebooks cannot handle a lightweight game like genshin is coming from but it's adorable how clueless you are.
As a competitive player with an audiofile headphones, I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about. Soundstage and boosted mids are the bread and butter to hear soundsteps. Competitive players like me know exacly what I'm talking about, the fact that you're a casual doesn't help your case.
The reason why you see so many Iphones instead of gaming phone is simple, many tournaments forbid gaming phones as they give to much of an advantage over normal phones.
The fact you think Iphone XR sounds better than Rog5 either implies you have great delusion or are simply lying. Iphones are known for having terrible audio IC's, this is no secret.
They do give stable FPS, no idea where you get the idea from that they don't, I have stable 120FPS on CODM.
Optimizations of apps that arent relevant for the game don't matter as long you're not dumb enough to have all your apps running in the background.
dsync is happening due to piss poor netcode, it's well known that pubg has terrible netcode to begin with and the more apart the devices are in terms of performance the more peekers advtange you will experience. If you're a good player playing on 90FPS vs 60FPS you will basicially kill people without them seeing you due to peekers advantage, this gets especially noticable when people start using 165FPS mode on phones like the RM6.
The Iphone heats up tremediously, the Iphone has a piss poor cooling solution which makes the heat transfer a huge problem. This means demanding tasks will make the device throttle really hard, emulation at high resolutions for instance is absolutely impossible on iphones, they will dim screen and performance will degrade extremely fast making it unplayable this also goes for demanding games as well.
Surface book 3 doesn't overheat, sorry to say. Infact it easily outperforms the Ipad in any way. Practical eample would be League of legends (desktop version), the Ipad can barely muster 60fps with drops below 50 on heavy teamfights while the surface pro has well over 200FPS. The difference is a joke honestly, the fact that you're unaware of this is also a great sign how clueless you really are.
Overall you have demonstrated extreme lack of knowledge and I would absolutely recommend you inform yourself before posting nonsense like you did, you don't want to look stupid now, would you?
Professionals tend to use the surface lineup over the Ipad at least where I live, there are just way to many usecases where the surface lineup just craps on the Ipad. I suppose you can use it for basic tasks like taking notes, at least that, it can do. Overall you condecending tone towardrs me while showcasing great ignorance is indeed amusing to see, keep up making a clown of yourself mr. student who uses his ipad for notes (lol).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Here is a practical example on how the Surface pro is just a superior device for actual professionals:

But this is going offtopic and I don't want to destroy your dreams to much, I mean being an apple fanboy and trading rational thinking for a disposable device is quite the sad story.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

Here is a practical example on how the Surface pro is just a superior device for actual professionals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ratADejlBo

But this is going offtopic and I don't want to destroy your dreams to much, I mean being an apple fanboy and trading rational thinking for a disposable device is quite the sad story.

View post
I mean,they think India and China have only competitive players sooooo
That's a giveaway of ignorance right there

krnapj
Rising Star I
Sorry I confused genshin impact with something else .
Ofcourse, that is what I was saying when you said that black shark has higher frame rate , I said what ll u do of those frame rates when games aren't optimised for that ? U said you can never play codm at 120 fps on ipad , that's not true .just wait for the update . iPad pro with the m1 chip has just been launched.
And all your information is biased , you obviously have not used the iphone or the ipad pro 2021 .
Surface pro ? Lol it heats up on simple tasks and it's pen also has lag .
And 200 fps ? It doesn't even have the screen to support that . I don't know which ipad you are talking abt , again compare the m1 chips performance to any of the device you can think of n then talk, don't give me outdated information.
Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean you have to criticise it .
I am a casual ? Lol
I was in the competitive scene before you hit puberty , in 2012 in cod modern warfare pc tournament byoc . Also, I stream pubg .
I am telling you that practicaly the sound of my headphones on the iphone is better , if you don't wana believe it , it doesn't matter .
You are just another person with a biased view who just believes what ever is advertised.
Iphones have poor cooling systems because they don't need one , ofcourse the brightness drops but that drops on rog 5 too.
I don't time to go into all the hardware details now , it's not my time m not a student but a doctor now.so I dont have to know n neither I know if iphones have poor audio ic or whatever but they sound better . Period .
I don't wana know your perception because clearly you have not used apples devices , so please keep your views with yourself .